I lost 5 lbs. But didnt. What happened?

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for months. I weigh 162 trying to get to my first goal of 150. I eat less than 1400cal. Per day. I have been using 310 shake for lunch. I was so happy when i got on the scale and was 157. Five days later, 162. I am baffled. Never had this before. I have been stuck at 162 for 6 months.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Well, then you're still eating too much. Six months? You've been logging every bit of your food and eating consistently at 1400 and you have lost ZERO pounds? I find that hard to believe.

I bet it's your logging, but I suppose you could have something going on medically. Have you had a full workup?

Logging accuracy: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    A 5 lb swing in 5 days is most likely a water weight issue. Eating more salt, carbs, waste in your system, new exercise, and just the daily fluctuations of water in your body will cause this. You didn't gain 5 lb of fat in one week.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if you haven't lost weight in 6 months, then you're eating more than you think you are. I would focus on accurately tracking everything you eat... including oils and condiments. You'll probably be surprised how quickly it adds up if you track everything.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    crackon20, do you weigh your food and find accurate database entries or are you eyeballing your portions? eyeballing never worked for me... also, if you're having a shake, is it a liquid shake or is it powder you add to liquid? besides the shake, what do you eat, and do you weigh or measure it?

btw, how tall are you? i'm 5' 3", and when i'm not exercising, MFP has me at 1250 calories per day to lose half a pound per week.
  • crackon20
    crackon20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • 573joseph
    573joseph Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have been in the exact same situation. I am also at 162 (161.8 today). I'm 5'7". My goal weight is 155. I've been tracking my food since 2008 as a WW member, then Noom for a couple years and now am using this app. I track every bite (I don't measure everything, but I DO still measure a lot of my foods using a food scale or measuring cups/spoons). My motto is from WW - If you bite it, write it. I know there are many people who cannot relate to this. The struggle is real. I just became a Premium subscriber here and am hoping to change up my eating to be more focused on protein and fiber. I already limit my intake of sugar and simple carbs, so that's not a problem for me, but I'd like to see what happens if I eat more protein, increase fiber and DRINK MORE WATER. Water is key and I know this, but it's still hard for me to get enough.
    Thank you for posting this - it helps to know there are others experiencing this same issue.