Croc Pot Puzzle

Options
I'm on the search for some great croc pot recipes for my husband and I. The puzzle? The recipes cannot have tomatoes at all. Bummer, I know, but it's not on my doctor's list of 'approved' foods. I've got IC and have to be careful of what I eat.

Other than that restriction, fire away on all of the delicious recipes! You'll be helping me out greatly! Thanks guys!

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Italian Chicken:

1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 pouch Good Season Zesty Italian dry salad dressing mix
    1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
    1 16 oz container fat free sour cream
    1 16 oz can mushrooms (or for lower sodium, sautee fresh mushrooms before putting them in crock pot)

Cook on high 6-8 hours

You can put it over potatoes or pasta. I've eaten just as is with a side of veggies
  • Brandy3827
    Brandy3827 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorite is shoulder roast, carrots, onions, celery and red potatoes with skin (light on the potatoes) along with a roast seasoning pack and a couple of cups of water, depending on the size of the roast.

Another is white chili. The seasoning packet has the recipe on the back... it contains chicken, northern beans, etc. but no tomatoes!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend checking out "Fix it and Forget it Lightly" - it's an amazing crock pot recipe book! Best kitchen-y gift I've ever received!
  • melliemel818
    melliemel818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Arester
    Check out this website www.crockpotgirls.com they also have a fb page as well. There are hundreds of recipes and they are all for the crockpot and more are being added by the minute. It started out as a FB page and grew so fast they created a Webpage. You'll have fun browsing through the recipes....I do. :) Hope this helps, enjoy!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions from my end of the world. It is starting to get colder here in NH and my Crock Pot needs to get used! :drinker:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Love crock pot meals!!

some of my favorites are:

turkey breast tenderlion with packet of onion soup mix. Throw in butternut squash and broccoli and cook on low for 8 hours. Sometimes I wait till half way in to put in the squash and broccoli so they don't turn to mush. Also, love to cut up onions, or add mushrooms to. Pretty much anything I need to use in my veggie drawer in the fridge.

chicken breast with low sodium chicken stock, sea salt and pepper. Add carrots, patotoes, onions and cook all day.
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the tips. These sound yummy!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Italian Chicken:

1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 pouch Good Season Zesty Italian dry salad dressing mix
    1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
    1 16 oz container fat free sour cream
    1 16 oz can mushrooms (or for lower sodium, sautee fresh mushrooms before putting them in crock pot)

Cook on high 6-8 hours

You can put it over potatoes or pasta. I've eaten just as is with a side of veggies

This sounds great