app not opening

Options
since yesterday the app on my android doesn't open when I press on it? If I un-install and re-install will I lose any info?

Best Answer

• Jean
    Jean Posts: 767 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Before uninstalling your app, we do recommend checking your account online at www.myfitnesspal.com to ensure all your data is showing there. Only when your data shows there is it guaranteed to sync back to the app after reinstallation.

If anyone is still running into account access issues, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further help. You can do this by visiting https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or emailing directly to support@myfitnesspal.com

Answers

• CurtisHouse160
    CurtisHouse160 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    since yesterday the app on my android doesn't open when I press on it? If I un-install and re-install will I lose any info?

When it was messing up yesterday, uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times. Doesn't make you lose anything except you have to log in again and your settings might go back to default. All your progress is still there. Hope it's working for you again too.

• jezza1_au
    jezza1_au Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My daughter had the same problem but after she reinstalled and had to reset her password (she forgot what it was) it has logged her in with an old account she had in 2019.
    Any suggestions please?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    I imagine she used a different e-mail address for that old account, I don't think you can have two different accounts with the same e-mail address. So she should login with the e-mail address she used for the more recent account.
  • Devjfl1
    Devjfl1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been a premium member for over 10 years. I've never had any technical issues until the last week or so. Now, on my Samsung S8+, when I click the application, it very briefly pops something up (I can't read it) and then nothing. I tried reinstalling and it doesn't help. My account works fine on the PC. I have the latest Samsung phone software updates. I SUSPECT it it the new MyFitnessPal updates. Any suggestions??
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,362 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you reinstall and login and make sure you don't close the app, it might be okay. That's what worked for me, but I had to make sure I waited until my login finished (probably a minute or more) and only then minimized the app.

This bug is being worked on by MFP.
  • pjbailey0278
    pjbailey0278 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but now, despite having paid an annual premium I have lost my premium account!!

I've tried to contact support twice. No response at all! Totally frustrating as presently all the money I paid is for nothing, and I'm a user for coming up 2 years now!!
  • HugoBreker
    HugoBreker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is possible that the application simply needs to be updated. Such problems occur quite often with different software. If you are interested, you can read about fitness application development. Quite an interesting solution with such software. Perhaps this information will come in handy for those who are engaged in fitness on a professional level.