Calorie intake impacting sleep

Options
Hi all,
Has anyone else noticed when limiting calorie intake that it impacts there sleep?
Does anyone have any suggestions to improve sleep whilst limiting calories? 💤💤

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    How much are you limiting calorie intake?

Set your Goals per the instructions. ("Lose 1 pound per week.") Add in more calories when you exercise.

It shouldn't affect sleep.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    If I am really hungry at bedtime, I won't fall asleep. I save calories for a snack before bed so I don't have to deal with the hunger.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I generally sleep better when losing weight, because I'm not drinking as much and I tend to go to bed earlier to avoid late night boredom snacking.
  • Countandsubtract
    Countandsubtract Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've had that issue when trying to include a highish calorie junk food item in a super-low-calorie plan. I just had to bump my calories to maintanance for the day and recognize that it was delaying my weight goals...or going to sleep earlier which if you're already on sleeping pills could be easier or harder.

I also paused my diet (not that I'm suggesting that) for a while and allowed by self to eat junk food so long as I looked up the calories before buying it.

It never seems worth it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I budget so I have calories for a bedtime snack.

I'm wondering if your weekly weight loss goal is too aggressive. Many of us when we first start on MFP choose 2 pounds per week, which is not appropriate for everyone.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg