Needs Support

Options
About three years ago I worked hard and lost 80 lbs. I felt great! I had a personal trainer but then the expense began to be too much. Without that support to keep going, I gained all the weight back. I’m embarrassed and ashamed! However, I’m to get back in the saddle! I have to be accountable to myself. Looking to surround myself with positive and supportive people.

Replies

• 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm sorry, that sucks. But you have learnt stuff and whatever training you had before, you can do it on your own. Set small goals and just start to get stronger again. It is hard to do it without someone to push you perhaps, and you feel you have no one to keep you motivated or to be accountable to... But you can join a challenge here and make sure you stay on track. Your only competition being you, and seeing others progress alongside you might help keep you motivated and stay on track to get to your goals.
    Wishing you luck 🌼
  • Countandsubtract
    Countandsubtract Posts: 276 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I think most of us have been there.

It's really not a "you-problem," if so many people are failing. But there are people who succeed and you'll be one of them because you now have two experiments worth of knowledge on what has and hasn't worked.

I feel like weight loss is kind of like waking up in a new house suddenly blind. Once you get up and start hitting obstacles (weight gain) you figure out more and more how to work around them. If you take note of what you've run into before you're going to get pretty good at avoiding it the next time.

Here's part of what you probably learned last time:

"I have to be accountable to myself. Looking to surround myself with positive and supportive people."

And in the metaphor: just don't get a cat, they like to push heavy things from high shelves onto your head. No metaphorical meaning, I just think cats should stop doing that.

EDIT: oh shoot I was still writing when the previous writer submitted, still it sounds like sound advice to me.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Been there and done that, it’s so frustrating but back and trying again