Questions

Options
swnafee
swnafee Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I like this app a lot, but I'm having some troubles with the calorie goal it sets for me. I've connected an app that counts my steps and and calories I've lost (Huawei health). For example I've walked/ran 14,300 steps today and lost 1000 calories, MyFitnessPal records the exercise I've done and makes the calorie goal I need to reach unreasonably high (because of what I've burned), like 100,000 calories, when my original goal is only 1,200 calories per day.
Is there any way I can fix this?

Replies

• boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Is it really adding that much or ar you really exaggerating? Either way, you don't have to eat all the way to the adjusted goal. That's just the extra that you could eat and still be in deficit because of the calories burned
  • swnafee
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @boilerdawg2009 Yes, it makes it so that I have a goal of around 100,000 calories. While I obviously know that I don't have to eat all those calories I just wanted to know if that was happening for anyone else- MyFitnessPal completely stopped allowing me to connect to the Huawei app now so it's not an issue, but I thought it would be useful to log my calories and exercise without it telling my I'm going to weigh 0 pounds if I continue like this for a month.. thanks for the suggestion though
  • swnafee
    Options
    I wasn't exaggerating if anything I was underestimating
  • swnafee
    Options
    It gives me a calorie goal of over 1,000,000 calories based on my steps
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    swnafee wrote: »
    Is there any way I can fix this?

Disconnect your device as it's clearly not sending the right data over.

If those steps are all average daily activity/movement set your actvity setting here on MFP to the highest level.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    swnafee wrote: »
    It gives me a calorie goal of over 1,000,000 calories based on my steps

One hundred thousand or one million? There must be a technical glitch somewhere to get those numbers. Can you post a screenshot?