Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

Options
So you made a whole chicken and have left overs the nexy day what to do with them? This recipe is so easy and anyone can make it. You van use 1 large casserole dish or small ones. I use 3.5x3.5 dishes so they are individual size. The ingredients are only for one serving!

INGREDIENTS:

*Winn-Dixie - 2% Milk (1/4 Cup), 1/4 cup

calories 33 carbs 3 fat 2 protein 2 fiber 0 sodium 28

*Swanson - Natural Goodness 100% Fat Free 33% Less Sodium Chicken Broth, 0.5 cup (240 mL)

calories 8 carbs1 fat 0 protein 2 fiber 0 sodium 285

*Veg All - Original Mixed Vegetables, 1/2 cup

calories 40 carbs 8 fat 0 protein 1 fiber 2 sodium 290

*Sanderson Farms - Chicken Breast W/ Ribs, 3 oz

calories 143 carbs 0 fat 8 protein 0 fiber 0 sodium 53

*Martha White - Self Rising Flour, 1/4 cup

calories 110 carbs 23 fat 0 protein 3 fiber 1 sodium 390

*Total: calories 334 carbs 35 fat 10 protein 18 fiber 3 sodium 1046

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Coat casserole dish with cooking spray
debone and shredd chicken
measure out chicken, broth and veg and mix in casserole
mix flour and milk and pour over top
bake for 30 mins or until top is golden brown
enjoy!!

Let me know what you think!!

* note: I used chicken breast with ribs because I used breast meat and no skin*

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds quick and delicious. I will definately have to try this one:)
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I'll be trying it next weekend.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    bump
    thanks for sharing!
  • second_1
    second_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    mmm...bump
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Saving this one! My daughter loves chicken pot pie and the store bought ones are so high in calories! Thanks :)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    definitely going to try this one!! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • julz90630
    Options
    sounds great, will try this one soon.
  • mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump. been craving chicken pot pie. Yummmm.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipe!!! I will for sure be givin this a try!
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight and accidentally doubled the milk when making 4 servings. Silly me! I thought the topping was a bit runny as I poured it over but didn't question it until it was a gooey mess 20 minutes into cooking. I upped the heat to 400 and kept it in for 15 minutes longer and though the topping and filling had mixed and formed a sort of "pudding" is was very tasty! I will have to try again soon and be more careful when measuring!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I made this for dinner tonight and accidentally doubled the milk when making 4 servings. Silly me! I thought the topping was a bit runny as I poured it over but didn't question it until it was a gooey mess 20 minutes into cooking. I upped the heat to 400 and kept it in for 15 minutes longer and though the topping and filling had mixed and formed a sort of "pudding" is was very tasty! I will have to try again soon and be more careful when measuring!

the batter should be thick, you kind of have to spread it out when you pour it, let me know how it comes out if you try again!
  • Tiffuni
    Options
    This sounds very good!! Im not a very good cook but i think i could manage this... could i use skim instead of 2%? and I dont get what you mean by chicken with ribs..
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    mmm....sounds good.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    This sounds very good!! Im not a very good cook but i think i could manage this... could i use skim instead of 2%? and I dont get what you mean by chicken with ribs..

I have never used skim milk so you could test it out before actually making it. I put chicken with ribs because I used left overs from a whole chicken and it was mostly breast meat so it was the most acurate.It was the best way to get the most acurate so it may be a little over but it is deffinatly (sp?) not under. You could use boneless skinless chicken breast you would just need to adjust the calories and such.
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    wow sounds great, i'm looking for this recipe for quite a while and making it for one is just what I wanted... guess what I'm having for supper :)
  • MAGNIFIEDME
    MAGNIFIEDME Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OK everyone has to try this recipe it is so good, I have little french onion soup dishes and split the recipe between the two even though it's made for one portion I really didn't have another small dish to put it in.
    AMAZING yummy yummy