Dreams

Options
jennajava
jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
I constantly have a recurring nightmare about a tornado chasing me. It literally follows me everywhere I go. And if I'm not having the nightmare, a tornado is always present in my other dreams. Just there. Looming. Do you think dreams have meaning? If so, what would be your interpretation of this?

Replies

• ginny1214
    Options
    I think tornadoes mean you feel out of control in your life. Emotional.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Sorry......I am so food focussed I thought you were being chased by a giant tomato!!!

I think I'd rather have the tornado!! lol
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    There's a lot of speculation about the meaning of dreams with no definitive conclusions. The general consensus is it's just the subconscious working out the events of the day.

I've never put much stock in it.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry......I am so food focussed I thought you were being chased by a giant tomato!!!

ROFL
  • jennajava
    Options

I literally LOL'ed!
  • jennajava
    Options
    I think tornadoes mean you feel out of control in your life. Emotional.

Someone else told me this too. I can't think of anything specific, so I wonder if there's something I've pressed into my subconscious. Gonna do some inflection.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bible defines a dream in Job 33:15
    , "In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;". The Bible says several things in this one verse. First of all, a dream is a vision of the night. The verse also teaches that a dream occurs when deep sleep falls upon men. According to the Bible, a vision is something that occurs when a man is awake, while a dream is something that occurs when a man is asleep. Some who study dreams say that we are always dreaming when we sleep, but we only remember the dreams right before we awake. This would actually fit with the scriptures in several cases where men remember a dream that actually woke them up.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love analyzing dreams, is there maybe a part of your life that is kind of out of control that you try to push away from you? Or avoid?

I had a dream that my cat lived under water and was being chased by a shark. I have lots of shark dreams. No idea why.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Dreams are just stuff you have been thinking about during your day, just mainfested in different ways. Personally, I rarely dream, but even though I dont believe in dream interpretation, or prolific dreams, they are interesting to hear
  • Elaineheikura
    Elaineheikura Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wrote this on your blog but dreams of tornadoes means stress.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I dont buy into dream analysis but sometimes it is fun to check out... like a horoscope in the newspaper: TORNADOS : Hurricanes can be symbolic of extreme stress in your life and an inability to relax. The skies in dreams generally link to the future and the possibility of change. So if they are disturbed then there is no clear outlook for how things will be. But tornados may symbolise lots of things. They may link to bad things that are about to happen and problems that you are anticipating.

Personally I would guess that you have a fear of chaos. Are you a super organized person? ;)