Inked?

Options
So I'm thinking about getting a tattoo on my right hip/stomach just above my pant line. The thing is though, I'm trying to figure out if it will still look good after I lose my weight, or if I should wait?
It's words that says "If things go wrong, don’t go with them."

Replies

• Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I personally would wait - make it a reward :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you are planning to have kids, that might not be the best place to get one. Just my 2 cents.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    Think what it might look this when you are in your fifty's
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    skin will always change, whether it's through weight loss, weight gain, or simply age - I'd consider a location that will be less effected by those changes if you're looking at having words tattoo'd
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    When I was 20 and got my first tattoo, I wanted it on my stomach (which was FLAT at the time LOL). I decided against it in case I ever got married and had kids (didn't want the tat to get stretched out along with my belly), so I got it elsewhere. Several years later, I did get married and have two children. SO GLAD I didn't get that first tattoo on my stomach! I would hate to think what it would look like now going thru two pregnancies. Please keep that in mind when making your decision. Tattoos are permanent! Decide wisely and carefully on it's placement. :smile:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    If you are planning to have kids, that might not be the best place to get one. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. This is something I would think about before getting anything permanent like that.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options

no offense to you, but i HATE when people say this- if i give a crap about what a tattoo looks like in my 50s, i'll get it removed then. i have 4 tattoos and always get lines like this -_-

since it's lettering, and on an area prone to extra skin when weight is lost, i'd be hesitant :/ but if you really want it, and don't care if it looks immaculate (and since you're only 25 pounds away), go for it :D
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Your hip is an area that will expand & contract throughout your life. Weight gain/loss will be evident: When you lose weight- the skin will start to sag- and weight gain will stretch the skin- both contorting any words written there.
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just got my first a couple of months ago down my side on my ribs cage. I love it!!!!! Still have a couple more pound to lose (probably more than a couple), but it was so worth it. I wore bikini top and shorts this summer and I had about 5 women come up to me to compliment me on my tat. Your still young, so make sure it's something you really want!

I say go for it, it will give you incentive to lose the weight and so it off!!!
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Everyone has some great points.....I say side tattoo. Very cool on women
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options

no offense to you, but i HATE when people say this- if i give a crap about what a tattoo looks like in my 50s, i'll get it removed then. i have 4 tattoos and always get lines like this -_-

since it's lettering, and on an area prone to extra skin when weight is lost, i'd be hesitant :/ but if you really want it, and don't care if it looks immaculate (and since you're only 25 pounds away), go for it :D

Agreed, I think that when I hit 50 and above, I will really not give a *kitten*.....I like to enjoy my skin and art while I am young.....
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Thanks guys, a lot of great points! I'll definitely rethink WHERE I want it, because I do plan on having kids one day.
    I already have one tattoo on my foot. I'm not real concerned about what it will look like years from now, if I have to get them retouched or removed or covered or whatever I will =)
    I like the idea of using it as a reward, as I'm having trouble keeping motivated lately. Maybe I'll use it as my ultimate goal, or when I hit healthy bmi, or something to that effect..
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Get it retouched in your 50s and you don't even have to worry about...
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd never regret my tattoo. And mostly I don't, but I find it a bit crude now (crude in the "not very delicately drawn way", not the rude way). I see so many beautiful fine line tattoos that I wish I could get mine redone differently, but then, it's part of me and I like that :)
  • JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I changed my profile pic to my "just above pant line... hip/stomach (side)" tattoo.
    I got mine done when I weighed about 170 (2008). When I dropped to 136 in 2009 it still looked great.
    I have not had children and I don't know how much it will get affected... (I hope it doesn't) Lol but we'll have to see.
    I do like the idea of getting it as a reward :)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    Thanks @Jen! That really helps me out a lot!!