Newlywed

Options
I am a few months from turning 49 and just got married. I feared the day because I don’t like having eyes on me. Now I’ve seen my wedding pics and I cried looking at how much weight I’ve put on. I was diagnosed with lupus and rheumatoid arthritis in September of 2021 and my life has been an adjustment. But I’m tired of excuses. My new goal is to get my health and my weight under control. It’s been a life long struggle. I’ve lost and gained weight since I was a little girl, But I want to be healthy and have good quality of life. I am extremely active and walk and hike and Zumba. But sun exposure is dangerous. Fatigue is a challenge. My relationship with food is damaged. But I’m so happy to be married to the man I’ve loved for 8 years. I’m here for support. I’m here for motivation and inspiration.

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously disabled and often bed ridden, and I focus on diet primarily to manage my weight.

When you have issues that prevent you from being active sometimes, it's critical to be able to modulate your diet so that you can accommodate the inactivity.

If you have a damaged relationship with food, then the best diet for you might actually be some really good therapy to help you repair that first.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    First & foremost, congrats on the wedding! And of course, welcome to MFP, best wishes for success!
  • monthbrogue0z
    monthbrogue0z Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting married. I am not a spotlight person either, so my husband and I eloped. It was one of the best days of my life. I too have been on a yo-yo most of my life. I turned 50 at the end of June (still sounds weird to say and type). I know enough about my body at this point to know what works and what doesn’t. Fasting and skipping meals does NOT work for me. I do enjoy data, I am hoping that MFP will help keep me present with the food/calories that I am eating, and help me build better habits. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Decoy152
    Decoy152 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your marriage! My spouse and I are coming up on 24 years, many of which I fought ups and downs in weight etc. The wonderful thing about it is having someone who cheers you on but obviously accepts you as you are. It's a foundation full of potential. 💪