NO ENTHUSIASM WHAT SO EVER!

Options
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

I am so stuck at the moment, I want to loose weight and I quite like exercising but I cant be bothered to do it, Im too unfit that it makes me feel ill when I do exercise. Not only that I am unhappy with the way I look but Im not happy unless I have some sort of food in my hand....

I can be good for a week or so but then I get bored and go back to eating what ever... chocolate, sweets, crisps, take aways the lot.

I want to loose 2 stone but I find it so depressing when you have spent a week exercising, hadly eating and then getting on the scales to find you have lost ONE POUND!!!

Can someone PLEASE help me and give me so motivational tips and some exercise advise!?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You have to want it. Walk away for a few days and come back.
    Someone once told me " When the student is ready, the teacher will come".
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to lose anything if you don't want it badly enough to work for it.

I don' t mean to sound rude, but you need to "suck it up" and get started already! You've taken the first step by joining MFP, but you have to do the work to see the results. Do whatever it takes to stick with a healthy eating and exercise routine, get through the first couple of weeks, and I promise you, IF you do it right, you WILL start to see results, and it will get easier.
  • coulter74
    Options
    Agree with the above post,,when it is your time you to start you will know, Put a picture of you at your heavy's on the fridge it works for me,,then I think twice before reaching for junk :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you're just starting out and hard core workouts make you feel worse instead of better, start with something slow.

Take walks. Increase your mileage and speed gradually. I started out with very short, slow walks and now I run. Don't expect to do now what people who have been exercising for years are doing. Do what you can for now.

I find exercise -- even just a little -- helps me eat better.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You have to want it. Walk away for a few days and come back.
    Someone once told me " When the student is ready, the teacher will come".
    That's from 'Kung Fu' LOL
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options

" When the student is ready, the teacher will come".

I DITTO THIS! No matter how hard you try if YOU are not ready, you will struggle!
    Can you find some type of reward to help you stay focused! Just take it one day at a time, it is a long process. It is a lifestyle change not a "diet" Just replace healthy choices for bad ones, and if you mess up OH WELL get back on board and keep going!

Good Luck!!
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    I agree. You have to WANT it, if you don't want it, you will find every excuse not to do it.
    It's as simple as that.

No one here is going to stroke you and say "it's ok, you'll be fine." They will tell you straight up, if you don't do the work, you won't reap the rewards.

Losing weight is a lifetime committment and you have to make that committment or else it won't work.

If fad diets and quick fixes worked, there would be no overweight people in this world.
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I find if I surround myself with folks who are on the same weight loss journey that it is easier. Also, I read lots of magazines, books on fitness and health to get my mind motivated to stay on the journey. You can do! And remember it's just for today, and than tomorow if you do it again, it all starts to flow. We didn't get this way overnight and we will not get the weight off overnight. It's journey so keep on the path.:smile:
  • emay2780
    Options
    When I have no motivation that is when i start to say forget it. When you are truly ready to lose weight you will want it and stick with it. My mom went years with trying to lose weight but she never stuck with any of it and she was 250lbs. She finally found her source of what was making her feel the way she did and BOOM started losing weight after she got closure. Some people use food for lots of things depression, stress, the loss of a loved one. You just need to find what is stopping you and put that to rest and then you will have that motivation. It also helps to have a friend or someone to diet with you!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Without enthusiasm and without motivation you won't never succeed. You have to have a strong desire of what you want and then you have to achieve it. This is the definition of success. Find your motivation, set some goals, and get to it! MFP is chalk full of supportive people and many who have been in your shoes and have been through it, look to them for encouragement and inspiration. You are capable of it!! Its 90% attitude, 80% healthy diet, 20% move your *kitten*! :-) Best of luck!!! :-)
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yea. like everyone else is saying. You just have to want it bad enough. Its a long hard journey. Nothing will be easy and the results will be slow. Just start with something easy like walking and get rid of any junk food in the house. Good Luck!
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I can relate. I am rapidly losing motivation too, and I have in the past as well. You just have to take a deep breath, get back on the wagon and do the right thing.

I know what you mean about all that hard work and self discipline you have all week and you are only rewarded with one pound of weight loss....but I want you think about it this way: Not - damn I only lost a pound. Instead - YES - I LOST A POUND THIS WEEK!! I DID A GREAT JOB. Losing one pound per week is what you SHOULD be doing. Slow and steady loss will win the race. Yes it sucks. Yes it is unfair. But it's just the way it is.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The biggest motivator in my life is knowing that if I do NOT exercise and eat properly I WILL die younger. I work with elderly people and see that the active ones are the happy ones.

Go to a nursing home and talk to the residents. Who do you want to be?

As for me, I will exercise. I will eat a proper diet.

Good Luck.
  • puddin1965
    Options
    START SLOW ,JUST WALK OR CLEAN OR GO TO THE MALL ANY MOVEMENT BURNS CALORIES. TRY SNACKING ON CARROTS OR FRUIT IT WILL FILL YOU UP. DONT STARVE YOURSELF CAUSE IT NEVER WORKS. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY DONT PUNISH YOURSELF JUST GET BACK ON TRACK AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF YOU WILL GET THERE.! ADD ME IF U LIKE ILL ROUTE YOU ON!
  • IcePrincess1984
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I've struggled with my weight for years. I have always liked working out, but something was always getting in the way, I was just too busy or too embarrassed by the way I look compared to some of the other people at the gym to get myself to go. But I must say that this website has helped me greatly!!!! The best advice I have for you is this, if you don't want to totally change the way you eat, don't. But for a couple of days log religiously about what you eat, and don't skip anything. That is what really made a difference for me. I went to taco bell one day and logged what I ate and almost threw up because of how many calories I ate. I just never saw it so clearly that the reason I am so overweight really is an excess of calories. Because even if I work out a lot, I was still eating too many calories to lose weight. But now I pay attention to what I eat. I've found a lot of snack foods that really do taste good and don't have too many calories for a snack, that really has helped. And honestly I love, love, love soda, So sometimes I'll still have one, I just have to make sure that it doesn't cause me to go way over my calories for the day.
    I hope that this helps! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!!!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the Need to exercise, and want to exercise. In the time being, just get your body moving at a iiesure pace. Something is better than nothing.Have a close friend or signifanct other? make your workouts a liesure walk in the eve. maybe down to the local coffee shop for a spot of tea or joe. As for food...it's not all bad. Enjoy a glass of wine, some chocolate, cheat here nd there, just not everyday. And if you do, DONT STRESS it. When your body stresses, it stores.

Reconfigure some of what you eat, not all of it, at first. Find simple tasty recipies to make. Then when you have those down, take another chunk and change that.

Feel free to add me.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts for you. Please don't be offended, I mean no harm, I am just truthful.
    Only you can control what goes into your mouth and what you do. If you sit around eating, that is on you. If you get up and exercise, that too is on you. You are in control of you. There are no magic feel good words that will help you do what you need to do. Only getting up and doing it. There are no magic feel good words that will help you keep from eating what you shouldn't be eating.

With that said, I did read a quote one time and I do love it. It says "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I do find that to be true so maybe you can remember that, I try too.
    But I also do a lot of research on the food I eat because I have RA and every food choice will affect me, either for good or for bad. But I have to say that you don't have to have RA for that to be true. Everything you eat will affect you in one of those two ways.

Good luck.
  • emay2780
    Options
    I was always told to put the skinniest picture of you on the fridge ... everyone is different though.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    well, there are several "hard core" responses here, and they have their place. But another approach is to start slow and take small steps that you CAN manage. Check in every day even if you don't log. Work on getting enough water. I suggest finding one thing you can add each week. Motivation can be elusive, but if you can feel success in small things you can work your way to being the person you want to be.
    Good luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Motivation amd support for you....in the time that it took me to write my original post...like 20 others hit you up to support you!!!
    AWESOMENESS at its best!