gaining back lost weight quickly

Options
Hello,

Ive been using this site for years and finally reached a comfortable weight of 155lbs (Im female 5'4) I started at 110lbs. Recently, I lost a lot of weight, about 15 pounds putting me at 140. I wanted to loose a few pounds (to about 150), but unintentionally lost more. I feel entirely too small now I hate it. I am naturally petite and in the past I used heavy cream shakes to bulk up quickly. I considered doing it again this time, but I am afraid that I will put on too much weight since they say gaining it back is "easier"

How can I quickly gain back some weight?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are maintaining now, you should be able to add another 200-400 calories in others snacks to get the additional calories needed. You can do this with nuts, using high fat cut off meat or adding 2 classes of chocolate milk a day. If you need other ideas, there is a sticky of mine called "are you a hard gainer". Adding one additional meal can also help.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    If you are maintaining now, you should be able to add another 200-400 calories in others snacks to get the additional calories needed. You can do this with nuts, using high fat cut off meat or adding 2 classes of chocolate milk a day. If you need other ideas, there is a sticky of mine called "are you a hard gainer". Adding one additional meal can also help.

Thank you! I cut so much from my diet to lose a few pounds and I think I overdid it. Hoping with adding a few things back and having dessert a few times a week i can get back to a comfortable weight.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    BMI is not always the best measure of what a good weight is for everyone - especially if you are very muscular - but 140 is in the healthy weight range for your height. According to the CDC healthy weight for someone 5’4” is between 108-145, so perhaps rather than trying to bulk up quickly or cut back and overdo it in either direction ending up at a weight you don’t like, you should just take things more slowly, since you seem to be fine health wise at all of the weights you have mentioned.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    update. I started back eating a bit more and opening up my diet to more foods and dessert.