P90X and I are going to see other people for a while.

Options
Number one reason I never get fit: I get bored and give up.

Not this time, buddy. I've recognized that I am having some boredom and lack of motivation with my workouts, so I'm going to change it up for a little while. Everyone says, "oh, stick with P90X, finish the program!" ... but I know me better than that. And, I don't have to stick with the program! As long as I'm eating less and moving more, I'm doing better than I was a year ago, you know?

So anyhow, I'm borrowing the Biggest Loser DVDs from a friend, and the cardio workout actually kinda kicked my butt. I haven't done the strength one yet, I hope it's as good. I think I might just rotate around these and the P90X for now just to make sure I feel like I'm working all my parts and staying motivated.

What about you guys? Anybody else get bored with DVDs? I was doing a lot of outdoor stuff, and I have backed off on that - I probably should get outside and do more fitness that involves activities I have fun doing, too.

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I had to find stuff I LIKED doing before it clicked for me.

For me, that was tennis primarily. I love tennis. Alot. And I burn close to 700 Calories every hour while doing it... so win win!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I do my treadmill some days and switch up Jillian Michaels DVD's as well :D
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yeah me and Insanity are on a trial seperation til after my cruise.

i hurt my back, its better, but don't want to hurt it agian.

we will discuss the future of our relationship after the cruise
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have not really liked about doing outdoor stuff is that it takes time away from my family. Not making an excuse, I just know this is a mental roadblock I have struggled with in the past... I know that I can come home, bust out a DVD, take a quick shower, and BAM! I'm back to my family. If you do an outdoor activity there's driving time, changing time, etc., especially if you're doing a class at a gym (which I used to like those too). So, I'm just trying to find the balance between outdoorsy stuff I love and spending time at home. I need to get my boyfriend more interested in hiking and things. His super-physical day job does not make him want to be active after work. LOL!

I think I've just hit another one of those spots where I need to test my resolve and challenge myself to stay on track.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I agree with the "finding things that you like" statement.
    I hated the 30 Day Shred. I did ~18 days of it before I stopped. Why? Because it was "boring" and I wasn't enjoying it.
    I love horseback riding, so that's an exercise I use a lot (I own a horse so it makes it easier). And I have just found an instense DVD program that I LOVE and therefore can see myself sticking to (Rushfit).

You really need to want to do it, in order to stick with it. Otherwise, there is always going to be some excuse to stop.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Come mountain biking with me! Bear Creek is right by my house and pretty beginner level.
  • iamanne
    Options
    Finding what you like it the key. Try lots of different things. For me it was running and I never would have guessed that before I gave it a try. Outdoors is also best for me. Durning the week I have to start too early to be outside so I go to the gym. But on the weekends I try to get outside and even down to the beach for a run if I can. :)
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Most people get bored with one program... P90X is not the only program BeachBody has...:) I hope you know that.
  • rae125
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? That's a good way to try lots of different DVD exercises.
  • ChirishGirl
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only one! I LOVED Chalean Extreme and did the whole program religiously. Now, I've been trying to start it up again and I just can't bring myself to focus on it. You summed it up right, I'm bored! My new gym is still under construction (for the THIRD month delay) and I'm itching for it to open so I can try some new things. Right now I feel like I'm at a stand still. Meh.

:)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong in changing things up, do whatever it takes to keep exercising---gotta have fun :)
  • butterflimom
    Options
    I do the same thing. I get bored after awhile and I think my body does too. I go between my elliptical, 30 Day shred, and even Tae bo.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Same here. I do get bored. but I have a tendency to get stuck in a routine too. DVD's are a great way to keep a versatile collection of exercises. The biggest loser dvds will kick your booty. I dread doing those. :)
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    im with ya, Tried p90x....got bored, tried 30 day shred....got bored. Ive been going to Zumba classes since last September and im still having fun!! :o)
  • toddgaines
    Options
    I have complete workout DVD ADD. I did finish Insanity the first time I tried it, but since then I have jumped around like that one really dirty cheerleader .. you know the one. Anyway, since then I have done parts of P90X, 30DS, finished C25K (although that's not a DVD). I too get painfully bored with monotony. At this point I sort of rotate through all the routines I like the most, occasionally throw in one that I dislike, and try new ones every once in a while too. It keeps it fresh .... like delicious lettuce plucked straight from the ground.
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who was on P90X and after a while he plateaued and started getting bored with it as well, so he switched up his routine and started using kettlebells (specifically, the Skogg System). He lost 20 lbs a few months after switching it up. Now, he alternates between P90X and KB every couple of months.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How far into the P90X program did you actually go? Just wondering :smile:
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I tried doing P90x TWICE! It's just not for me... It is a work out for "already in shape" people to get in better shape! Not for a chubby girl like me! I have to agree that Beach Body has TONS of other workouts. I love Turbo Jam! I do it almost everyday and there are several different workouts on each DVD. I like the 20 minute workout, it is high calorie burn and goes by really quickly. I just don't have the attention span to work out for an hour or more!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    This is why I play soccer.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I actually like doing the same thing over and over again. The repetition makes it easier, knowing exactly what I will have to do for the day