soft tissue damage in knee?

Options
On wednesday my knee locked up as i was sat on my knees tidying up i jumped up with pain and felt a crack and something move, pain was really bad it knocked me sick and felt faint... 30 mins later felt ok no problem could walk drive etc took dog the vets and did bit of shopping got home put some fluffy socks on as i bent my knee to out them on my knee went funny again but this time ive not beem able to walk, straighten it or bend it since. Went to a and e, they xrayed it said no probs with it and said ligaments are ok. Said could be soft tissue damage or if no better after few days could be cartilage damage. It still hurts alot i cant bend it, i can straighten it almost all the way but if i put weight on it my leg gives way and if i bend it knee feels like its about to twist around. Im on crutches at the min but im sooo annoyed as was really getting into working out and enjoying it, what can i do to help keep in shape, what can help soft tissue damage heal quicker? Anyone else had this problem? Driving me mad being stuck in bed

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    You put fluffy socks on? Why did you tell us that?

Anyway, it sounds like a torn meniscus (torn cartilage). You can read about it here:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/torn_meniscus/article.htm
    Soft tissue injuries cannot be diagnoses from x-rays. You'll need to go to an orthopedist.. or whatever they call them in the UK.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    They took x-rays? Why bother? They would have been better to apply leeches to your kneecap. Locked knee does sound like the problem is fluffy socks.....err, I mean meniscus. Ask your doc for a referral to a doc that treats sports injuries and won't waste time on x-rays
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with an orthopedist
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with an orthopedist

Yep This....... I am the king of knee problems and the best thing you can do is go see an Ortho dr. Sounds like you could have Meniscus issues...... Best of Luck
  • JackieWilson58
    JackieWilson58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Murphy - how was this resolved in the end?
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    @JackieWilson58: murphy92x was last active in July of 2017 - If she didn't update anyone in 2013, when this thread was current, she's not likely to come back and fill you in now.
  • JackieWilson58
    JackieWilson58 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks