? re calories earned via exercise

Options
I've reached my weight goal, and have increased my walking quite a bit. I'm never quite confident about eating those extra calories. My plan is 1362 daily, I usually earn 200-700 more per day depending on how much I walk. Have been exceptionally hungry lately. Do i need more calories or more nutrient-dense food? Thanks.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up to eat back your exercise calories, especially if you're hungry.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Of course you need to take your exercise into account - it's just one of many energy needs of your body.
    That's why MFP, TDEE calculators and wearable trackers all take it into account in different ways.

Would suggest experimenting to find the MAXIMUM number of calories you can maintain on rather than lock yourself into the minimum and be doomed to a paltry allowance which will make you tired and lethargic to drag your needs down to match your low intake.

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you are at your goal weight I would start the reverse process to get you to your maintenance calories. 1300 seems low for someone being at goal. IMO
  • skellyc74
    skellyc74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You need to start reversing your diet and slowly bring your calories back up. Start by adding 100 calories per week. Allow for your weight fluctuations of +/- 5lb And that is your sweet spot.