Short People

Options
I'm 5' tall and 120+ on me is a HUGE difference than 120+ on some 5'5" and up! I was seeing if there were other little people out there with me. People think it's weird for someone to think 120+ is something to complain about, but when your max weight is around there 2 lbs on me is much more noticeable than average height people

Replies

• Dizneylvr1971
    Options
    Yep. I'm 5' and currently 127 lbs. I feel like I look huge because the weight can't get distributed very much when you lack height. I will be happy when I reach around 115 lbs. That sounds low, but on my frame, it's really not!
  • MyaA
    MyaA Posts: 87
    Options
    i'm an inch short of 5' and 150 freakin lbs. it is devastating. especially since i eat well and i'm exercising...trust me. i feel your pain...and i would sell a kidney to be 120 again. when i was 18 i was 118 and that's the lowest i ever was...and i was desperately trying to get to 112 then.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    yeahh. i'm not short, but sometimes I compare BMIs (i know BMI is terrible, but idc) with short people... for example my BMI is 19.5 that means if I was 5 foot tall that I would weight 100 pounds! haha yippie! or if I was 5'2" I would weigh 106.5 =] !!

I hate having a higher weight, but I always gotta remember it's because i'm tall :( !!!

I don't think it's a big deal if you're 5 foot at have a goal of 100 pounds-- it's not unhealthy. people don't look at the big picture !
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Even as a guy i wish i was taller because my weight would not be so bad.. everyone in my family including all 5 sisters are taller then me at 5 9. 215 on a 6 foot guy is handsome.. instead i am a weeble wabble
  • kpopper
    Options
    omg..im 5'1 and 100 lbs!! and im not even that skinny lol but im happy with my weight i guess but even ONE POUND makes a big difference on me and 2/3 pounds would look like 5 pounds on me compared to taller people
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. Started out at 235.4 and now down 28.4 lbs.
  • muskiemama
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest was 200 lbs. I looked like a basketball. I have lost 15 lbs but I want to get down to at least 130lb.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    omg..im 5'1 and 100 lbs!! and im not even that skinny lol but im happy with my weight i guess but even ONE POUND makes a big difference on me and 2/3 pounds would look like 5 pounds on me compared to taller people
    Agreed. I'm 5'3 and several pounds make a significant difference on my frame.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Yup yup, count me in too! I'm 5'1'' and about 116-117 now, down from 143. I'm glad I don't look as bloated and round as I did, but another 10 pounds off is definitely going to do more good.

And I compare BMIs with taller people too sometimes haha. It does get frustrating when people look at your 105 pound goal as way too small, but take 130 on someone 5'9'' as healthy, my BMI would still be higher than theirs (and still well within the healthy guidelines, especially since I'm not very muscular)!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    same here. i am currently 120-122 and looking to get down to 110. i carry all my extra weight in my stomach and arms. friend me if you want.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I'm trying to get to 97 -100lbs. My lowest weight after highschool was 105lb and I still felt that I needed to lose weight. 5 pound of lost of gain makes a big difference on me. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    4'11" and 105 right now (started at 127 in January). Wanting to get on the underside of 100.
  • LaurenRosePR
    LaurenRosePR Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I'm 5'1" and 10 lbs makes a huge difference because I feel like my weight can only go out- not up! I'm so jealous of taller girls, although we're kind of like Polly Pockets. =)
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and have a hard time maintaining 125 or under but that is where i should be since i feel and look larger any higher(and dont fit in my clothes for that matter)..currently I am 133 and have a giant belly....gross..hang in there you will get where you need to be!
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    4'11" and shrinking. Yep, used to 5'1". But the way I look at it, I'll save wear and tear on my back since I don't have to bend over much...lol
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 ft 9 and roughly 102 Ibs and hate it because I look bigger than what I am used to so want to lose a bit of weight.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • wozzy38
    wozzy38 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11..hoping to get down to 105 and see what I look like from there....Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 146 right now, its awful. I want to get down to 120, which seems to be about where my body can mantain and still look healthy. I got down much farther in highschool but was barely eating (not good).
  • hsquared87
    Options
    I am 5 ' 3/4" tall and I really started my weightloss journey at 163 lbs I am really struggling (I loose so slowly I tend to see inches before weight) I see so many of you have similar start weights and quite a few of you are where I would like to be. How did you do it? My original weight goal is 130 but If I were to look deep inside and see what I really want its 115. Does any one have any sugestions for me? Add me If you like I am always looking to be motivated and to motivate others.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and looking to get under 110. I'd love to be 105, but I don't know how it will look on me. I'm 112 right now which is lower then my high school weight (118) and all my extra weight is in my middle. Basically, whatever it takes to get a flat tummy I'll be happy. :smile: