MFP for what ?

FunFormYep
FunFormYep Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2022 in Introduce Yourself
I’ve seen that most of you use MFP for weight loss, I would like to know what do you or would you use MFP for other than weight loss ? Also feel free to add me as a friend !

Replies

• ArnaudAlice
    ArnaudAlice Posts: 2 Member
    Im using it to gain weight actually
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    It is primarily a calorie counting site...so it can be used to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight. And yes, the vast majority of the population that calorie counts does so to lose weight. I personally only use it for the community as I haven't counted calories in years.
  • ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    When I first started I was looking for an easier way to keep a food journal than a written record. It was part of a post-surgery rehab assignment -- to help me make healthier choices, I suppose.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    I find most useful the other counters available...total protein, total sodium, etc. Beyond the discussion threads, of course.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Weight loss happened a long time ago (6+ years) using MFP. Now I use it to maintain weight plus track that I'm getting well-rounded nutrition on average over a day or few. I also use the Community as part of my exercise accountability to myself, by participating in relevant threads here. That, and general kibitzing. 😉
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,548 Member
    While I'm always hoping for weight loss and weight management I am more interested in using mfp to track what I eat in general and being able to see how much protein, carbs, sugars, etc I have in each day. I am diabetic with PCOS and have found the only way to really know what affects my blood sugars on a longer term scale is being able to go back and see what my nutritional fluctuations are in connection to my A1C fluctuations.

Plus the community boards and accountability from certain users checking on you once in a while always helps keep me on track too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Initially calorie counting during weight loss.
    Then maintaining weight while calorie counting.

Last few years just exercise tracking (but not food tracking) and generally keeping my head in the game while maintaining at goal weight.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    I've used it to lose, gain, and maintain, just depending on my needs/phases.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    I do use MFP to help me manage my weight loss but also, I use it to track my protein specifically.

I was using it to insure I get enough calories when I was having zero appetite. I was having severe stomach pain and zero appetite, when I stood up and the room went black I realized I was not eating much and started forcing myself to get a bare minimum of calories and protein a day.
  • FunFormYep
    FunFormYep Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you all for answering, I use it to track my physical activity as well as my nutrition. Now that I introduced myself to the community I love the fact that I can have a forum where I can interact with people interested in nutrition and learn from all your experiences and knowledge !