Diabetes

I’m a Type 2 Diabetic. How do I get diabetes suggestions within MyFitnessPal diet, meal plan, and implement in my sugar intake?

Replies

• Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    I don't think you can get specific diabetic diet thru this app (I could be wrong) You can however control your macro through the setting. You'll need to figure out your goals for your Cal, carbs, fats and proteins needed in your daily diet. I think the premium MFP gives you a lot more options.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I’m a Type 2 Diabetic. How do I get diabetes suggestions within MyFitnessPal diet, meal plan, and implement in my sugar intake?

This is primarily a tracking site and can help diabetics for sure track what they're doing, but MFP doesn't have diabetic specific plan or recommendations. My guess is that would be a liability as MFP isn't a licensed medical site or anything. The ADA website is a great place to start if you can't get a referral to a dietician. MFP is basically for tracking and logging.
  • shelleyschu
    shelleyschu Posts: 1 Member
    I have been diagnosed Type 2 since September. I have mostly been carb counting. (35-50 carbs per meal for women, and 15 carbs per snacks; pairing protein with carbs) Just started logging food again to help keep me honest. I lost 12 pounds in a month. I did go to a diabetes education class from my local hospital. It was very informative.
  • mamacypress
    mamacypress Posts: 7 Member
    I was also diagnosed this year. Did a course of 4 Diabetes Education classes, which included being given very specific dietary goals. I just plugged those numbers into MFP.