Redesign is awful

Options
TJMango
TJMango Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
I hardly use this app anymore, having used it almost daily for years. The I terface is no longer intuitive, things are hard to locate that used to be simple, and the "go premium" demands that are everywhere are completely overblown and intrusive. I will be looking for a new app. Thank you for breaking something that didn't need fixing.

Replies

• twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    TJMango wrote: »
    I hardly use this app anymore, having used it almost daily for years. The I terface is no longer intuitive, things are hard to locate that used to be simple, and the "go premium" demands that are everywhere are completely overblown and intrusive. I will be looking for a new app. Thank you for breaking something that didn't need fixing.

Oh damn I got caught by a three minute old account
  • TJMango
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh damn I got caught by a three minute old account[/quote]

I'm not sure where you were going with that or who you're talking about but I've been on MFP for years. Thanks for that insightful a d valuable contribution though.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    TJMango wrote: »

Oh damn I got caught by a three minute old account[/quote]

I'm not sure where you were going with that or who you're talking about but I've been on MFP for years. Thanks for that insightful a d valuable contribution though. [/quote]

Excuse me? I meant no offense
  • pugsmom7
    pugsmom7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the app, but since the update, I can't get MFP to show my consumed calories on my Garmin connect
  • Jaynedohh
    Jaynedohh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agree. I used this app for like 3 years back in 2011 and I downloaded it the other day and hate it!
  • TJMango
    Options
    Is there a feedback option where we can tell them how bad it is or how.little we enjoy the change? Maybe they will make an option to use the original format
  • sha_88
    sha_88 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I’m still trying to figure out how to post status updates… I don’t see the option from the app.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    MFP went downhill years ago. I used to love this place. Then every little thing would get ban hammered. I miss my old pals.
    And yes, the fitness-y aspects suck too.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I spend my time on the old threads. I love the old threads because of the comments. One of my favorite moderators here told me that comments are not meant to be a 4000 word academic thesis paper or essay. Save that for the debate section. A comment section is for everyone. When the fun is gone, people leave in droves and they have. Writing a serious thesis for every question is not necessary. People want a good time while they're tooling along with their logging. Connection is everything. Don't change a winning game. Lighten UP. Let people be who they are.
  • mfp_sucks
    mfp_sucks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As far as the look. Have you tried the new Dark Theme? I like the Appearance of the App more now as it is easier on my eyes. Not sure if they updated how to use MFP since moving things around or not. But it seems to me like this would help people get used to where things are now.
  • SunflowerQueen36
    SunflowerQueen36 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    MFP was not listening when the "If its not broke don't fix it" saying came around. 🤷‍♀️ The new app is horrible.
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    MFP went downhill years ago. I used to love this place. Then every little thing would get ban hammered. I miss my old pals.
    And yes, the fitness-y aspects suck too.

Agreed.

I've been on / off at various points since 2013 and can say the forums (at least) are a shadow of what once was. Once the ban hammer was implemented, it took many, many away as it was used unnecessarily in many cases - almost abused.

That said, I haven't found anything better to replace MFP so here is where I come back to when necessary.