My new old outfit

Options
Just wanted to share a minor success story.

When I was gaining weight, I kept all my clothes...I refused to give them away or throw them out because I knew I was going to find the motivation to lose that weight eventually. I kept them all there as a way to remind myself that I was going to be putting them back on some day.

So far I'm down about 45 pounds (I know there's a 5 in the signature, but that's cause I started MFP after about 40 pounds). Yesterday I realized that everything on me, except my shoes and socks, were things I could not wear 6 months ago.

Shirt: New shirt purchased this weekend. A LARGE. I have been wearing XL or XXL since high school. It was a misty moment when I was standing in front of that long rack of shirts, with S on one end and XXXL on the other, and realized that a new section was now available to me!

Pants: High school jeans. These things actually have a busted belt loop on them from where I broke it trying to squeeze them on two years ago. Now my belt is on the 4th loop holding them on me.

Belt: New belt, 4 sizes lower than the old, which I had run out of holes on. At the advice of a friend, I bought a belt with holes all the way around, so I have plenty of room to shrink!

Boxers: My normal ones were all in the hamper, so I went into the drawer where I kept the old ones that were not comfortable due to tightness. Perfect fit now!

Jacket: My black denim jacket from 12th grade (with an Alvin & the Chipmunks patch ironed on to the arm!). I couldn't button it before, and it's a bit big now.

I feel great having kept the old stuff that stopped fitting. I'd be in a bad spot right now if I had to buy a whole new wardrobe. But I've still got another couple of sizes to go for my goal, so...I may end up making a trip anyhow!

Replies

• catmomof3
    Options
    Great job! What a great feeling that must have been. I'm getting to the same boat with you. I'm going to have to take in some of my work pants so I don't have to buy clothes twice.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
  • Panandatkn
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    congrats!! I went shopping in my garage 2 weeks ago and found my old old clothes. I tried them on and was so excited to see I now fit in them again! You must be so proud of yourself! Keep it up.. :drinker:
  • ymvestal
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I went through this same type of scenario, except instead of holding clothes for 2 years, I've been holding on to my for 10 years!!! There were some things I kept because they were my favorites...along the way, I told myself to be realistic, that I was never going to wear that size again. During some clean outs for yards sales, i slowly started getting rid of a few things, but there were some others that I still could not give up. I have lost 80+ lbs since Thanksgiving 2010; I have almost cleaned out the bin I was keeping these clothes for 10 years in. I have a few more things I will be able to pull out when I lose my next 30 -40 lbs...then I will need to go SHOPPING!!! At that point I will be within 30 lbs of my final goal!! I am so excited.

I am excited for you because I can relate!! GREAT JOB!! Keep up the good work, you'll get to your goal!!!
  • Tonyajangel
    Options
    Good for you! I know that felt amazing! I have a ton of clothes to that I refused to let go of and now I can wear some of the jeans again! It is a great feeling!
  • gertieblueboots
    Options
    Good lord! 81 pounds! GO YOU!
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone! It is very motivating to see results like that and helps you to push even harder to reach your goal.
    I am in the same boat (for the second time). After 54 lb's down, all the new clothes I had to buy back in December are now too big. But I am not going shopping until that final goal is met!

Great job and keep up the great work!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I have boxes and boxes in the attic and have slowly been bringing them down to incorporate back into my wardrobe. Just realized that although I may be able to wear some of the clothes now, I don't WANT to wear them! Not my style now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!