Dear annoying fashion garments 2!

Options
Dear annoying fashion garments,

Please stop making me look like I am bigger than I really am and questioning my denial on my weight. I am trying very hard to loose weight and you clinging to my unsightly and unflattering woman bulges is not helping... Geez, gain a few sizes so I look smaller.

K thanks!

What is the thing you hate most about clothes or fashion, OR the people wearing it?

Muffin tops?
Lady GaGa Wannabes?
80s flash backs?

Or the most hated garments sitting in the back of the closet taunting you.

Write to it or rant about it.

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The thing I hate most is when my underwear roll down under my post-baby pouch!!!!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dear cute little tanks that are supposed to be stretchy,

You're clingy and you make me look bad in front of my friends (literally, when I'm standing in front of my friends). I understand that you and my bra band don't really get along, but can't you just come to a truce when you're together? I treat you so well, but all you want to do is hang all over me. It's too bad your popular.
  • livinghcglacey
    Options
    for me..it's the underwear rolling under the c-section buldge! for what i see on others....oh theres a list! Lol. Shorty Shorts on people who shouldn't have shorts that short, shorty shorts so short their underwear are hanging out the butt, shirts too short and muffin tops over flowing out the bottom... it makes me sick and i just want to tell the people that if they would dress in proper sizes and styles they would actually look thinner!! :smile: thanks for the rant!!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The thing I hate most is when my underwear roll down under my post-baby pouch!!!!
    Amen sister......nothing worse that underwear rolling down...what an unsightly line they leave...lol
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    Dear Skinny Jeans:

Why do you shrink every time I try to wear you? I swear you wash yourself in hot water JUST to get on my nerves. Sigh......why can't we just get along?!
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    On other people it is hands down the skinny jeans, Im sorry but this style is only made for a select few...
    For myself it is a specific shirt that I have had forever. For the last 2 years of my weight loss journey I have had this shirt hanging in my closet thinking when I get to my goal Im going to wear this proudly and its going to look so hot on me... Turns out its just not meant for me, even now smaller then I have ever been it just doesnt look right on me, I finally pulled it down and put it in the consignment bag, to stop the taunting.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Dear annoying fashion,

You are expensive. I am poor.

Please reduce your prices so I can look fly.

That is all.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Dear ALL jean manufacturer's.,

Yes, I have an *kitten*! It's more muscle than jiggle at this point, but still I can't find a reasonable pair of jeans that fit my butt and don't leave an gap the size of the grand fricken canyon at the waist. Seriously, the feminine shape is supposed to be desirable, but your idea of shape is more plank than hourglass. Get with it!

End of rant - wheew, I feel better!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Heck I don't care what size pants I wear, I could fit into a size 8 but pshhh I am sitting in a size 11 to avoid muffin tops! :D
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    The worst thing that happened to pants: LOW RISE! Oh my goodness, they are not flattering on anyone except Britney Spears before she had her kids and before she was screwed up. Even if you're relatively thin, you still get a muffin top wearing those damn things. Sorry people, cinching something in the middle of your hips does not make your butt look smaller, it just makes your stomach look huge. Add a midriff shirt and you have muffin top explosion.

Tailored clothes that fit properly are the way to go!!!!!
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    for me..it's the underwear rolling under the c-section buldge! for what i see on others....oh theres a list! Lol. Shorty Shorts on people who shouldn't have shorts that short, shorty shorts so short their underwear are hanging out the butt, shirts too short and muffin tops over flowing out the bottom... it makes me sick and i just want to tell the people that if they would dress in proper sizes and styles they would actually look thinner!! :smile: thanks for the rant!!

Hahaha!! I have a rule that all of my shirts have to fall below the C-Section bulge.....hence no muffin top hanging out the bottom....eeeewwwwww!!! I really think the problem is that people dress without looking in the mirror. My husband makes fun of me for inspecting myself from all angles...but it save the embarassment of panty lines and muffin top...and that darn bra line.

I LOVE SPANX!! Not to make me look smaller...I buy a size too large so it's just a SMOOTHING effect...not a slimming effect. :)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Dear annoying fashion,

You are expensive. I am poor.

Please reduce your prices so I can look fly.

That is all.

^^^ This!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options

Yes, I have an *kitten*! It's more muscle than jiggle at this point, but still I can't find a reasonable pair of jeans that fit my butt and don't leave an gap the size of the grand fricken canyon at the waist. Seriously, the feminine shape is supposed to be desirable, but your idea of shape is more plank than hourglass. Get with it!

Dear jean manufacturers,

I have the opposite problem!! I have no *kitten* and I cannot find a pair that will fit my nonexistant butt and not give me a massive muffin top in the waist!! Please make jeans for more shapes!!
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Button down shirts that look awesome but don't fit because I actually have boobs. Sigh. And if I go up a size then it's way too big. DARN YOU AND YOUR LACK OF CHEST ROOM!
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Two things I cant stand:

1. Dresses made the same size from top to bottom..ie. my top is about 2 sizes smaller than my bottom so straight dresses dont work and I am sure they dont work on most women because most of us are not straight up and down.
    2. Pants with rear pockets that are far apart. It really makes your butt look a lot wider than it is. I know because a super skinny butt girl in my office wears them and it even makes her butt look big.

Things I dont like on other people....hmmm...it is my personal belief that everyone no matter their size or age can somewhat keep up with current styles whether its a piece of clothing or a hairstyle. No need to go over board just add a little something that shows you know what decade we are in.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Totally agree on this one. I love the low rise jeans because they actually dont leave the 'grand canyon' effect but even most of them dont have enough room in the seat.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

and puhleeeeeez -- what is with the length of these jeans? When I try them on the legs go on for at least a foot past my toes --what is that?

finally, what is with jeans manufacturers who forgo lycra?!?!?!? HELLO!!
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Button down shirts that look awesome but don't fit because I actually have boobs. Sigh. And if I go up a size then it's way too big. DARN YOU AND YOUR LACK OF CHEST ROOM!

OMG I cannot fit into a freaking extra large in button down shirts!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Things i can not wait to go out of style:
    croped tops and bat winged shirts

high wasted jeans? really, come on!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Why do you think that once I have to wear a bra that is 38 or larger around I want my breasts "minimized"? Do you realize what the rest of my body must look like? I could sure use a nice, full, perky looking rack to distract from the rest of me.