I'm back

Options
I've been through this numerous times. I have lost weight felt great then just stopped and put it all back on. Now I'm in my 40s and I can tell how bad I feel between being out of breath and not sleeping to not wanting to do much. I need to change and it starts now.

Replies

• Countandsubtract
    Countandsubtract Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That s*cks. You'll get it this time.

What tripped you up before? Did all of your healthy foods taste like cardboard? Are you always on the road?
  • z6jv4rrmdy
    z6jv4rrmdy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh I’m with you! I’m 49 and weight has always been a struggle! My feelings are to try and stay positive and you’ll get to where you need to be. I definitely was struggling with depression and since I’ve started walking and losing weight I’m getting there!!!
    I’m here to help support you! My name is Rhonda
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Never give up ... and that kind of means that this time, settle on a steady maintainable eating plan that you can sustain for the rest of your life. ... Ask yourself ..."Can I give up this (particular) food item for ever?" If not, find a way to include it into your regular eating that will still lead to weight loss. Also ask yourself ... "Can I keep up this (new) activity or fitness plan for ever?" If not, rethink it and start slower with something that you can and will keep doing.

Cause ... in the end; when we go 'gung-ho' on a new or renewed plan of attack at our (ugly, bloated, weak, etc., etc.) bodies we sometimes over-estimate or over-commit to what we will do and then cannot keep it up and (once again) face 'failure'.

That is the way my own journey went ... and so I caution you to start slow and easy and build on it it sustainable, maintainable ways with love and kindness for yourself along the way. That way, you won't end up like me ... at age late-70's still trying to lose the weight I set out to lose when I was in my 40's.

Again .. good luck. Don't quit. Be kind to yourself.