Question for the ladies...

Options
What do you do to take care of your hair when you work out everyday?!

I always sweat and feel gross so I wash my hair after working out all the time, but my hair is starting to dry out.

Replies

• kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I only wash my hair once a day. Usally after working out I just rinse off, wash my body but not my hair.
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Paul Mitchell Leave In Conditioner is outstanding.
  • dbra58
    dbra58 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser told me to just rinse out the sweat...don't use shampoo every time.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't wash my hair after a workout, even if I get super sweaty (like after a run). I just dry it with a hair dryer on cool then spray with Tresseme freshen up (not sure if that's the right name, it's kind of like dry shampoo).
  • jkldsmom
    Options
    That is what I frequently do as well. I only wash my hair everyother day and one day I just wash my body and blow dry the sweat in my hair.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair after a workout. I don't workout everyday so there are a few days a week I don't wash my hair. You could look into leave in conditioners to use so it doesn't get so dry. I use Head and Shoulders Dry scalp care shampoo and conditioner and my hair has never been softer, even with washing it 5 times a week.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't wash your hair every day as it removes your hairs natural oils and thus causes it to become dried out and brittle. The best thing to do if you have a shower every day is to rinse lightly and employ a leave in conditioner.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I shampoo/Condition every second day and i condition everyday that i dont use shampoo....its the shampoo that dries your hair out...on those days that i just used conditioner, i just throw it up in a clip or something. Also, on a weekend day, or a day your home and not going anywhere, just toss your hair up in a pony tail or a messy bun and try not to wash it at all....i know its hard, nothing worse than dirty hair....but if no one is going to see it anyways.....washing the hair everyday strips it of its natural healthy oils and gives us the dry hair we all dont want to have! One of my good friends is my hair stylist and this the the advice she gave me. But, do what you find works for you..:)
  • Aperyan83
    Aperyan83 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think WE should try those spray shampoos... I have not tried it yet. I will try it out and let you know :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I can't stand not washing my sweaty hair after a workout, so if I've showered in the morning and exercised in the evening I wash it twice a day. I use normal shampoo and condition but a heat protective serum that seems to stop it frying when I dry and straighten it.
  • jonesz922
    jonesz922 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I COVER my whole head with:

MOROCCANOIL®
    INTENSE HYDRATING MASK

Put it on your DRY hair, and leave it on for at least an hour before you shower. My hairdressor told me if you do this every week it will actually keep your hair healthier than doing the Keratin treaments, so far so good for me!!!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    my hair is the type that is stuck-fork-in-socket frizzy with tiny corkscrew curls. I stopped using all shampoo, and conditioner only once a week, using vinegar diluted with water to cut grease. I now have big lush curls and non-frizzy hair =3
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I do a complete wash every 2-3 days (looooong hair = must keep natural oils...plus my hair doesn't get stringy or gross very easily), but I generally brush it out and then do a quick, light spot shampoo on the scalp every day (with my hair back in a bun), just to keep the roots from getting too greasy.

If I'm really sweaty, I will definitely wash it, though. Or if it's smelly from environmental smells.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    "Dry" shampoos are great! Tressemme makes a great line that I use all the time. I think it's called Fresh Start.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I only wash my hair once a day. Usally after working out I just rinse off, wash my body but not my hair.

I do the same I just rinse all of the sweat off and put my hair up.
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I try to wash my hair less often - dry shampoo is my best friend. My hair is very fine and overwashing is a no-no.

This blog is pretty interesting:

http://www.hdofblog.com/2010/08/shampooing-less-often-for-athletes/

:smile:
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Suave dry shampoo works great for me! I wash my hair with shampoo every other day, condition daily & on the days I only condition, I spray the dry shampoo in. It smells great, make hair look/feel fresh & adds volume.