daughter getting married in May and I really want to lose 50

Options
I have never been this big before. I am 5'2 and weigh 230lbs..I was not this big when i was pregnant. I stay hungry all the time and I am so sick of aching and not being able to walk to the mailbox without being out of breath...so here i am and I am going to try to do this..i need all the support i can get so I will thank you in advance..any tips or ideas please let me know. ...i do love veggies and i love to drink water so all is not lost...lol...i just need moderation on food and DESSERTS. i love dessert..
thanks
lovetoride

Replies

• cfreema
    cfreema Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can do this! My advice would be to measure everything that you eat and don't go back for seconds! Also a big help for healthy recipes is www.skinnytaste.com. Good luck!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can do this. I started where you are. It's hard but you can do it. Eatbetteramerica.com has tons of great recipes. I, too, have a major sweet tooth. Try the Skinny Cow candy. It tastes great and is low cal!
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im in the same situation however it is my neice getting married. Add me as a friend and we can support each other. And I am telling myself I know I can do this. Only positive thinking.
  • dkvote
    Options
    Where do you get Skinny Cow candy? Wal-Mart?
  • tywiseman
    Options
    Good morning, let me say that by posting something this personal, you are on the right track. We're all on the track. Next, you have a goal number, but what about a goal size. Sometimes your weight will not reflect your size...keep that in mind as size's are easier to obtain mentally (less far to go than pounds). This website is key to a great beginning. Documentation of what you actually are eating and how you are moving really display who you are. I spent 2 weeks just documenting...food, household activities....everything. I was a bit shocked at what I found.
    Once I had a baseline, then I could see where I needed to start. For me, I work very LONG hours and so quick and easy foods were the kind that were in a bag from a drive through and fried. That changed first. Then came my sheer lack of movement. I go home from work with legs as swollen as watermelons! So time to move. I found a program and app for my phone called Couch to 5K. It's for slow moving overweight individuals who want to try running but find it kills them quickly! I love this...it is easy to follow...sometimes not so easy to motivate...but I am doing it. As soon as I did...weight started melting off. In the past 2 weeks I am down 12 lbs! Make sure you have a physical with your Dr. and make sure you know your baselines....cholesterol and BMI etc...tell him what you want to do....then start. Don't start off strong...just start. At first I had a little jabbing from my family, now they know I am doing this for me and support me.
    I also plan weekly menu's for my family. I stand firm that the family eats together. So I always know what is for dinner. If it is a bigger dinner I work backwards for lunch and breakfast so I can stay balanced and focused. Try to not have anything to eat 3 hours before bedtime, otherwise it's like making a night deposit at the fat bank! Put a picture of your daughter's wedding dress on the fridge! Look at it every day and stay focused. Remember...the wedding is just one day...you get to live the rest of them knowing you are succeeding at an important goal! Good luck!