body type diets

Not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but is there any merrit to the body type diet that I'm always seeing? I know there's no real quick fix out there but if there was a way make things work in my favor......

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Nope, it’s complete nonsense.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    There have been threads on it before. Not lately, the idea seems to have run its course - probably since there was no merit in it.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,596 Member
    You can make things work in your favor by eating a well rounded diet with as much variety as you are able, and being aware of how much you are eating... not too much, and not too little. It's not sexy and not what many people want to hear, but it's very doable
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Simply, no.

That said, that doesn't mean that there isn't an ideal way to eat for *your* body, but the only way to do that is through trial and error, and it requires you to eat a very healthy diet, and then tweak it systematically to find what works best for you.

I've found that I do best with a fairly high carb, plant based diet, and an IF eating pattern. Now, by "high carb" I mean that I eat a lot of legumes, whole grains and vegetables. I would be miserable eating a high carb diet of pasta and sugar.

Also by "I do best" I mean that I have the most energy, my digestive system feels it's best, and I feel satisfied eating an amount of food that sustains a lean, healthy weight. If I were living on cheesecake and ice cream, I would be starving at this calorie level.

It took me time to figure out what works best for me, but I started simply with a very healthy diet, consistently, and tweaked from there according to how my body felt and responded.