Pals for motivation

Options
I lost 130 and recently I gained back 35 lbs out of the total as my binge eating has returned due to stress. I am looking to get back on track and looking for pals to help each other stay motivated.

Replies

• Biancabhi
    Biancabhi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be your friend on our journey!
  • burtonv3
    burtonv3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get started again too, just started logging today, feel free to add me! Hoping to lose 5kg initially, then would love another 5kg after that for 10 in total!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Argh, that intense need for food to alleviate all our issues, beats out everything else some(huh most!) days. :/ I'm on the upswing once again of pounds plopping back on. I know people say instead of psyching yourself up and planning that 'start again' day, to just do it now. But I need to psyche myself up so Monday I get back on track. Tomorrow is grocery day. I haven't stepped on a scale in maybe 3 weeks so it's possible I've gained 8-10#. Monday I'll face the music and get back to it. New day. New frame of mind.

So yeh, I'm right there with you. Good luck to all of us!!!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @ReenieHJ what you said about not stepping on the scale for a while made me realize something about myself. I hope since I have recognized it I won’t get into the pattern anymore.
    I generally weigh myself every day. Rarely do I forget (it is part of my morning routine, so its like forgetting to brush my teeth). So if I suddenly start “forgetting” to weigh myself it is a signal that something else is going on with me mentally/emotionally that I need to figure out before I start “not caring” about myself in various ways. (Alternatively, it means that I am already deep into the cycle of not caring).
    That can include not eating healthy which leads to extra pounds. In the past when I drank alcohol it could mean drinking more alcohol than I normally would — supposedly to relieve stress — which leads to extra pounds. It also means ignoring habits/rituals that are important to giving me enough space from the world (electronic, but also just enough quiet/peaceful time) like morning walks, meditation, birdwatching, going to the farmers market, just reading something interesting for myself instead of work. All of these self care/private time rituals keep me centered enough to be able to keep on track both professionally an with my health goals. Yet they are the first to go if I start feeling bad emotionally because I start sabotaging myself.
    I also tend to notice other things like more complaints about physical and mental things - aches and pains bother me more or i actually have more of them because I am not treating myself well, my mood is worse and my temper is shorter, I am not as focused or feel as together at work or in other professional settings etc. All of that contributes to “ other issues” that one might then try to “cure” with food (or other vices).
    So just a thought …. Maybe use this time of psyching yourself up to also identify if you happen to have similar signals you can use to flag for yourself if something is wrong emotionally that you need to address if it ever happens again so that you can short circuit these cycles/avoid binges/whatever the particular issue ends up being for you.
    good luck and great that you are getting psyched! I always somehow used to get psyched to do new things for the start of the new school year so you are on track to do that!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @Sinisterbarbie1 Wow, what you said resonates so well with me. I can go off for a day, and maybe a few, but longer than that and I realize something else is going on, then it becomes so much harder to pull myself back. Glad to hear it's not just me. Good luck to you as well!