question about weight training

Hi All,

I have just started doing circuit weight training, trying to do 3 times a week, doing about 12 different machines each time working all muscle groups. I just started last week and was very sore after the first time. Ever since I have only been a tiny bit sore, does this mean I am not lifting heavy enough? I am doing 3 sets of 10 and I don't really feel like I can do a heavier weight. Does the fact that I am not really sore mean it isn't doing me any good?

Thanks everyone!

Susan

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Unless you're able to breeze right through it without breaking a sweat, the weight should be fine for circuit. Circuit is more of a cardio workout. I started with it too and moved to dumbbells about two months ago. I'm picturing you running from machine to machine trying to get it all done. Free weights would make it way easier.

Here one of MFPs resident gurus. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stroutman81/view/resistance-training-foundation-19725

This post has a ton of info on resistance training. He also has his own site, with much more info. I've learned a ton from him and the links he has.

Good luck
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    are the last few reps difficult to do? If not maybe you could increase a little OR do more reps. For lighter weight I do usually 3 sets of 15-20 depending on how I feel that day.
  • Thanks Java, I will check out the guru's site.
  • @rpamball Oh yes, the last few are tough!