Returning to MyFitnessPal

Options
I've been trying other programs. Nothing is working, many of their food data basis are limited. I'm returning to MyFitnessPal, because when I was using this app and forum I was losing weight and I needed to lose 40-50 pounds. I can use some help from others going through the same thing I'm going through.

Replies

• LilBitofAugust
    LilBitofAugust Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I came back recently for the very same reason. Wanna be pals?
  • driheataz
    driheataz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also returned about 3 weeks ago from a few year hiatus and trying other “magic” plans. I’m trying to lose approximately 35 very stubborn pounds. I’m committed to weighing and recording all that passes my lips and wearing a fitness tracker so I can be accountable and honest with myself. And I really appreciate the updated food data and the ability to import a recipe and adjust the ingredients. I believe that that will be a great help in my journey. I’m also planning to break the “elephant” up into 5 lb increment goals so it will not seem so daunting. So as Mr. Rogers would say, “Let me be your neighbor”! Any takers? 🥹

• ciarakelley05
    ciarakelley05 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal really is an amazing app. It's easy to use and you can find every food imaginable. I haven't tried too many others but the ones I did try (like Noom, Weight Watchers, etc.) were hardly as impressive.

MFP will help u reach your goals just make some friends on here and when u have a bad day, have 2 good ones to make up for it. Good luck
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi there! I highly recommend looking under the “challenges” section and seeing if one looks like something you would be interested in. There are all kinds, exercising, weight, sugar, water, maintaining, gaining. I’ve never joined a challenge where the other MFPers weren’t extremely kind, helpful and encouraging.
    I have 75 more pounds to lose (down 25 so far) and my favorite challenge is “Just Give Me 10 Days.” 100 pounds seems so daunting and breaking it down into 10 day chunks and mini-goals makes it so much more doable. You basically report your weight every day for 10 days. If you miss a day or go on vacation, there’s no judgement.
    I tried to put the link here but I’m old and on my phone and can’t figure out how to do it.
    Enjoy your journey!
    ETA: If a challenge feels like too much, they are open for all to see, you can lurk them.