Stuck!! What to do?

Options
I have stopped losing for the past 3 weeks!! URGH!!! I think I need to change it up somehow. I have had minor pauses in weight loss in the past but never this long! My husband said I might need to up my calories. MFP says 1510 daily and I usually take anywhere from 1300 to 1500. But when I work out (usually 3 to 4 times a week) I net anywhere from 600 to 900 calories. What do you think I should do to start losing again???

Replies

• amysuespears
    Options
    Your husband is right... you need to eat more calories! You need to eat 1510 BEFORE exercise. If your net is 1510, then you should be eating at least 1650-1700/day when you exercise. If you aren't at least eating that much, then your body thinks you're "starving" and everything you eat will be stored as fat. That's never good. Up your calories. :)
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just went through this last week after 3wks of no loss, someone suggested that i eat more calories than allowed. I had never done this so I was scared that I would fall back into old habbits but ironically i did cheat and i am down 2lbs!!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Up your calories and change your exercise routine, try it for a week or so and see what happens. Remember it's all about trial and error at times ;)
  • Csdehoyos
    Csdehoyos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tried today to eat all my calories back that I exercised off, plus some....I could not do it with out putting junk in my body. I ate horrible for lunch (1500 calories) and still was almost 300 calories shy. I took in around 1200. I will try again tomorrow.
  • brynniebo
    brynniebo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I work out daily (treadmill, zumba, weights).... and eat approx. 1200 calories per day (most days I'm under that 1200 range) and am stuck.... (actually put on 2 pounds from my lowest recorded weight).... I am scared to eat more as is recommended, but will give it a try.......I've lost 13 pounds since the beginning of August and have a goal for another 5 pounds in the next 3 weeks (before we leave on a vacation)....... any other suggestions?
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Concurring with the other posters, my recommendation is to boost your calorie intake (QUALITY food, not junk =) ) for 1-3 days then go back. It seems like you are not eating back your exercise calories, so if you are netting 900 calories a day that is too low, and your body is adjusting to that, slowing the metabolism. Then again, metabolism is very individual, so you may want to try other things as well. Your body might also be adapting to your exercise routine, it may help to do a very different exercise, like interval training. Good luck and have fun!
  • Csdehoyos
    Options
    Thanks, I understand what you're saying. That is the plan for now. Let'sss see what happens!!
  • Csdehoyos
    Options
    How many days did you cheat....or was it just a deal a day?