Just trying to love myself again.

Despite physical issues making this harder I am going to do it right this time. No obsessing. No over restriction. Hopefully I can manage it this time. Let's fix this mess younger me made and kick-start my 30s with a healthier body.

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    It's because of your physical issues that you *should* approach this from a self care perspective.

It's awesome that you are realizing that it's time to start giving your precious, delicate body the care it needs, and not punishing it for not being good enough.

I lost from obese to very lean and have easily maintained it all while being quite disabled and ill, because I've focused intensely on taking the best care of myself possible.

I didn't even have a weight loss goal, just a lifestyle goal. The weight-loss was just a happy side effect because I couldn't maintain obesity by living well, it just wasn't possible.
  • Ineedtolose50lbs
    Ineedtolose50lbs Posts: 17 Member
    My goal this summer was to “look less hideous” which is a horrible example of self talk. My family and friends say much nicer things to me than I say to myself but I habitually see my faults and magnify those in my mind. As a result I got a face peel, Botox and lazer. My husband is so annoyed because I have to stay inside out of the sun while I heal. Kinda wrecked my summer as I really miss the beach, boogeyboarding, kayaking and golf. He says I look exactly the same. And he says I’m beautiful. However I’m happy I got the lazer due to some precancerous spots but still it’s been a pain. I have to get up before dawn to walk. Anyways, am working on loving myself as well. The weight issue is very frustrating and I’m glad to be on a program. It’s very positive.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    @Ineedtolose50lbs How 'bout a mask, floppy beekeeper sunscreen hat and sunglasses.
    c2j7tx5teg88.png
  • Ineedtolose50lbs
    Ineedtolose50lbs Posts: 17 Member
    I seriously would love a hat like that! 😂
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    I seriously would love a hat like that! 😂

I think you need one so you don't miss out on your summer activities. Your husband will like it. 😎