Mediterranean Diet

Options
Who else is doing the Mediterranean Diet???

Replies

• stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dr just recommended where can I find a community for this
  • dviolin1982
    dviolin1982 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Italy... lol.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    There's a group here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4385-mediterranean-lifestyle

but ANY diet, works the same way (not just the diets listed in the chart). its all just a way to reduce your calorie intake. none of them are magical in any particular way.

49n30n0rgcua.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    There's a group here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4385-mediterranean-lifestyle

but ANY diet, works the same way (not just the diets listed in the chart). its all just a way to reduce your calorie intake. none of them are magical in any particular way.

49n30n0rgcua.jpg

You’re correct about weight loss.
    But, doctors also recommend the Mediterranean diet for other health issues. Often stroke and heart attack history or prevention. So this may be why the OP is asking.

could be!
  • mgan9311
    mgan9311 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am. I've been looking for a community but can't seem to find anyone doing the Mediterranean thing.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    vy9bilvbv32v.jpg
    je6ezkdtrqco.jpg
    owpmb3uw4ebs.jpg
    I live in Italy so the Mediterranean Diet is a daily. It's complicated with so many different ways of doing it, since many countries are involved. You can begin, and get close, buy adding fruits and vegetables to your diet. EVOO is a staple, but no magic, and I measure it out by teaspoons. We also consume legumes--chickpeas, lentils, beans, etc.. and less red meat, a bit more fish. Whole grains are a big part and we use barley, farro, buckwheat, etc.

Learn to grill vegetables, and prepare foods with less fat. It'll be a good start and you can keep learning as you go.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    7vdh9ogss0bi.jpg
    sbaiywvst08i.jpg
  • Burandt80
    Burandt80 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What are some good things for snacks?