Feeling let down.

Options
I started my journey on August 1st. I did so good for about about a month and lost about 16 lbs. I feel now like Ive been cheating wayyyy to much and I have no motivation.
I want to get back to it. I want to lose weight.

Replies

• aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My old trainer gave me this advice and it REALLY WORKS. Make yourself UNCOMFORTABLE.
    Go, right this minute, and do one or more of these:
    Try on your old bathing suit.
    Go bathing suit shopping.
    Go clothes shopping,
    Try on clothes at a department store.
    Go meet old high school or college friend.
    Go look at yourself in your underwear in a three-way mirror.
    Close your eyes and think of how you will feel when you go to the pool. Now imagine your ex (boyfriend, husband) walking up to say hello.
    Imagine the gathering you'll be part of at Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year. Really sit and imagine the smallest detail--walking in, who will be there, how you will feel. Standing upright and proud? Sitting on the couch with a pillow over you? Embarrassed? Envious?
    Go try on your bathing suit again. YOU WILL FIT IN THIS SUIT, AND LOOK GOOD IN IT, IF YOU JUST GO ANOTHER DAY, another hour, each hour.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My old trainer gave me this advice and it REALLY WORKS. Make yourself UNCOMFORTABLE.
    Go clothes shopping,
    Close your eyes and think of how you will feel when you go to the pool. Now imagine your ex (boyfriend, husband) walking up to say hello.
    Imagine the gathering you'll be part of at Thanksgiving. Christmas. New Year. Really sit and imagine the smallest detail--walking in, who will be there, how you will feel. Standing upright and proud? Sitting on the couch with a pillow over you? Embarrassed? Envious?
    Go try on your bathing suit again. YOU WILL FIT IN THIS SUIT, AND LOOK GOOD IN IT, IF YOU JUST GO ANOTHER DAY, another hour, each hour.

I love it!
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    PAGE...YOU CAN DO THIS!! Your posts and updates have been motivating ME. You've been doing great. I had a week or so recently where I just fell off the wagon, but you have to remember how great it feels to really be giving it your all. That feeling pulled me back in and I feel so much better now. Since this is a lifestyle change and not a "diet", I don't think there's anything wrong with having a day or two where you aren't as strict with what you eat. Just make sure you keep getting back on track! I know you can. COME ON GIRL!! :D
  • MissLedford87
    Options
    I feel u. I've been cheating a lot too :[
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Come on back from the dark side!!!!
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I let go of the motivation too. Stress and the lack IRL support took over, I can be a cheerleader for everyone but myself it seems. Keep your head up sweetie. You CAN do this!
  • conald
    conald Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Go clothes shopping,

This is great! I think it can help both ways too, showing you the progress you've made can help motivate you to keep pushing further
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes, positive affirmations, u can do this!!!