Diet Drinks

Options
Hello everyone,

I have a question. Is diet coke bad for our health. I know it cant substitute water but having 100 - 200 ml a day is it harmful to us.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Replies

• jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not because I am drinking one now... I think you will ge mixed reviews on ths one.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    soda in general isn't good for you. diet or not. its the artificial sweeteners in it and other chemicals that aren't good for you. it's best to limit how much soda you have.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I hope not too i drink that and diet Moxie when i have soda.. its my only real treat left :sad: please don't take that too
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    I'm not sure :S It says diet and there are less calories so I suppose it isn't as bad as some of the others.

It's like pepsi max; if there are no calories and no sugar in moderation it should be okay, right?
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It probably isn't the healthiest thigh you could pick for yourself, but there are worse things too. As long as you're using moderation and still drinking water it should be fine. :)

I like diet soda too, it's one of the few treats I have and when I don't drink it I get insane cravings for carbs.
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    it is surely better than heroin and cocaine.... and people do that all the time. So I will stay addicted to my diet coke and smile about it.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    A friend told me of a well known soft drink company's factory. To tour the "normal" drink production area it was simple. But to enter the part where the diet drinks were produced required wearing a mask and other protective gear.

enough said i think
  • lexileven
    Options
    There is some research to show high consumption of sweeteners increases cravings for sweet treats but I am sure in moderation it's OK, as long as you drink water too :)
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You should google "diet soda fat loss" and read some articles. I didn't think it would help, but I seem to lose fat at a faster rate since I substituted diet coke with just plain water ... As from what I understood from all the articles: you are trying to fool your body, but instead the body will make you feel more hungry :)
    Could not tell you if it is true or not, but water will still be the best liquid to drink :)
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is fine. From what you're saying it looks like you're not drinking it exclusively during the day anyway. You will get mixed responses on this topic, and being referred to websites (alarmist sites) that are not really good reference material.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure :S It says diet and there are less calories so I suppose it isn't as bad as some of the others.

It's like pepsi max; if there are no calories and no sugar in moderation it should be okay, right?

um, no. just because it has zero calories doesn't mean it is ok. There are lots of studies out there suggesting the artificial sweeteners are: (a) worse for you than sugar; and (b) could increase your risk of certain diseases, including cancer. There are also more recent studies saying that diet sodas not only don't help you lose weight...but they might lead to additional fat storage.
  • H_Factor
    Options
    You should google "diet soda fat loss" and read some articles. I didn't think it would help, but I seem to lose fat at a faster rate since I substituted diet coke with just plain water ... As from what I understood from all the articles: you are trying to fool your body, but instead the body will make you feel more hungry :)
    Could not tell you if it is true or not, but water will still be the best liquid to drink :)

100% agree not only with what he said, but also with experiencing similar benefits myself from cutting out soda (all soda) and replacing it with water
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    it is surely better than heroin and cocaine.... and people do that all the time. So I will stay addicted to my diet coke and smile about it.

bump
  • H_Factor
    Options
    A friend told me of a well known soft drink company's factory. To tour the "normal" drink production area it was simple. But to enter the part where the diet drinks were produced required wearing a mask and other protective gear.

enough said i think

was there also a sign that said "WARNING: Scientific experiments underway" ... hehe