Motivation and encouragement

Options
Today is day 1 for me sticking to a plan. My mini goal is to stay within my calorie count for 1 week. I work at a location that has a lot of temptation and it is not easy for me to stay consistent. I want to focus on me and only me and see what I can accomplish when I put myself first.

Hit me with some low calorie recipes and help me out.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,979 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome.

I think it would be more beneficial if you searched online for recipes, as we don't know how you like to eat. There is also a recipe section here on this site.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

My suggestion is eat what you like this week. Log it all. Study your FOOD page here and make small adjustments where you can (i.e. less butter, fewer drinks with calories, smaller portions, substitutions, etc.)

I didn't eat lowfat, low carb or any other special way. I did cut way back on certain foods in order to more comfortably stay within my goal. I lost my 80+pounds and have kept if off that way.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    A few things that have worked best for me to stay consistent:
    1. Meal prepping - not necessarily the lowest possible calorie recipes, but things I can easily portion that are filling. (taco meat and rice, chicken stir fry and quinoa, etc that I'll cook up a bunch that I can eat for lunch all week long)
    2. Pack snacks that have a decent amount of protein or fiber so they're satisfying, plus you can log them in your diary ahead of time, so you know right where you stand and it's not a surprise at the end of the day.
    3. I'm a beverage girl, so low calorie drinks that I can sip on all day help me pass up a lot of snacks.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    If no'one else has told you yet, I'm proud of you for making the decision to try. My basic strategy for lowering calories is adding vegetables. To every meal. Omelets? Throw whatever veg you like in. Stir fry? Same. I love stir fries cause they're so friggen easy. Throw whatever you've hot in the fridge into a pan with some soy sauce and garlic, stir it around, and there it is.