Back on track

Options
Hi ladies and gents I'm back after quite a while of wrong diets,minimum training and I've put on quite a bit of weight,cant seem to come up with a simple eating plan to follow and I need any quick weight loss tips plz,I'm feeling pretty crap tbh.👍

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    While there are no quick weight loss tips that will really work long term, basically it's eat fewer calories (generally about 250-500 fewer calories than you are currently eating, but just put your information into MFP and it will tell you howuch to eat) and move more.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Don't think about being on a "diet". MFP is about eating what you want to eat, just eating fewer calories than your body burns every day. So the best tip is: set up MFP with your personal information and your goal, then enter everything you eat into MFP. It's an easy start. Get used to entering absolutely everything (food and drinks) into MFP and be brutally honest, overestimate rather than underestimate. Over time, you'll see what's tripping you up and you can adjust your eating habits to fix those things.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    The best tip is just to start. Set up your MFP, let it set you a goal, plan yourself out a couple of days that fit your calories (and macros if possible, but don't worry too much when you're just getting started), and won't bore you to tears and go from there! Quick tends to backfire. Aim for sustainable :smile:
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    All good replies and there is no quick easy route. Unfortunately. :) If there were a magic bullet or pill, obesity wouldn't be the issue it is today.

All my life I battled with 50-85# up, then down, then up......I finally got down to 'normal' weight about 3 years ago, then a year ago I ended up regaining 25#, started panicking. I did what I had to do and got back to it. I have a good sense of what works for me, and that's key to getting where you want to be. Plus, I've found whenever I stray too far from MFP I lose my commitment and self-control.

For me, I build my eating style around vegetables, protein, things I like. Why suffer eating stuff you really don't care for when it won't work for long? In between eating healthier I will indulge in something truly sinful. :) When I can keep it to one indulgence it's fine. It's when my brain tries to tell me 'one more won't hurt' or 'well, you've gone and done it now, might as well stuff your face the whole way', that's when I know something is going on.

My mindset is the hardest thing to keep control of. But logging calories, sharing here, and hanging around to gain wisdom from experienced people, have helped me tremendously. So enter your goals, numbers, etc., make a plan how you're going to eat, start slow with the exercise so as not to burn out, stay 95% consistent, and you'll get back on track. Good luck!!