diet suggestion to try

Options
Hi all,

Right now I am trying to eat healty and drink lots of water. I have a calorie for 1200 . I did really good yesturday but I have a really addiction to mountain dew and did not drink one yesturday and had a really bad headache from it. Anyway if anyone could help me find something that might work. I would like to start of my losing around 10 pounds. My height is 5'4 and I weighted in yesturday at 126.

11259548.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• michedarnd
    michedarnd Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ouch . That pretty much sounds like caffeine-withdrawal. There are LOTS of sources of caffeine.
  • aejbx4x7s
    Options
    You might have a caffeine headache. They should go away after a couple of weeks. I've found something like tea (with caffeine) helps and has 0 calories.

Best of luck!
  • getitoff123
    Options
    try a diet mt dew. i know it is not water and water is better but it is better that a regular mt.dew. You will get use to the taste of diet mt dew and it will be better than a regular dew!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Have you tried utilizing the tools here at My Fitness Pal?

It will help determine the appropriate amount of calories to get to your ideal weight.
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    yeah i would go with the tea suggestion.. tea is a lot better than any soda (reg or diet) good luck!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Friend me as I can help you with what has worked for me and left me with no headaches. ;) Feel free all of you to friend me for some positive calorie free food for thought left on my page daily! Colleen
  • donnakin
    Options
    thanks everyone for a reply, yes I think I was having caffine redrawels really bad. I am going to continue drinking my water, I would drink diet, but cannot stand the taste of it, also have heard it is not really that good for you anyway, but thanks again for everyones help.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i use to drink soda all the time and knew how bad it was for me. I slowly started weening myself from Mt Dew (my fav) to Lipton Ice Tea and then incoporating more water every week. I cant tell ya the last time i had a soda. It doesnt taste good to me anymore. I care around a liter of Aquafina with me everywhere i go now and fill it up probably 2-3 times a day. Its a hard habit to break but its just like anything else if you want to do it you'll do it.
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    There are a couple of things you could try to break the mountain dew habit:

1) Switch to diet (which you've said you aren't interested in doing)
    2) Slowly scale back (go from 3 a day to 2, then 1, then 1 every other day, etc....)
    3) Try flavored water when you want something besides water to drink
    4) Find another source of caffeine to help with the headaches (my preference is black coffee, I know tea has been suggested as well)

Good luck!
  • donnakin
    Options
    yep going to ween my self off of the soda, I normally drink 2 20 oz bottles, Going to try to drink on 1 24oz soda today. Then cut if down from their, I like tea so may have drink a little of it, but then again I like sugary tea which is no good either.