Losing weight all over again.

Options
Always been a little heavy. 200& joined weight watchers and lost it all! Was biking up to 30 miles a day. Walking and running every day. Roll forward, now o gained it all back. While I let myself down WW let me down too in that while I love their program you never learn to be self sufficient and maintain. I think it’s because you never learn about calories and such. It’s all their point system. Many love it. It didn’t work long term for me. So now I’m trying this. So far I’ve lost 20 lbs. Finally an app counts everyone and offers advice and adjusts. I’ve read many good stories here. So I’m hopefully this will be a more permanent solution. I’ve got all the bad things lined up on my path. Diabetes. High BP and a cholesterol. So it’s time to deal with it before it’s too late. .

Replies

• BuellerFerrisBueller
    BuellerFerrisBueller Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've seen sugar bomb cereals in the cereal aisle with the Weight Watchers brand on them. While I've never contemplated going on Weight Watchers, this was their Jump the Shark Moment for me. Sugar bomb cereals are just candy disguised as breakfast. While the various polarized dietary factions endlessly argue about so many things, ALL of them agree that sugar bomb cereals are terrible for one's health.

Giving every food a point value is a gross oversimplification. The points program does NOTHING to ensure that you're getting enough of your essential nutrients.

Check out this stand-up comedy routine on Weight Watchers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCrjxTkgR7E

The Jack Daniels part is hilarious!
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Congratulations on the 20lbs lost. Sounds like you are doing a great job. I'm also starting again. This place is really good for support.