Why am I gaining weight

Options
Hello I'm just wondering if any one can help me I don't to very much walking or exercise but over last 3 weeks I've done loads count steps on my tracker and drank lots of water but all I keep doing is gaining I'm not eating much food that is wrong for u as I count callouries so all within my allowance but am getting down as all scales keep doing is going up please any help be great thank you

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,161 Member
    Options
    We need info, more info:
    - tell us about yourself: age, sex, height, weight
    - how many calories have you been eating?
    - how have you been measuring your intake? Weighing your food? Making sure you're using accurate database entries?
    - how much have you gained in 3 weeks?
    - how many steps do you take per day, on average?
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. Accurately measure and log everything that goes into your mouth.

Start with that, just accurately logging and then you will be able to see more accurately what is going on.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    A digital scale for your kitchen is your best friend. Make sure you use it. I even weigh my french fries from McDonald's (lol, ...I jest...well...not really.) Set your macros that fit your goals. Like my macros are going to be different from yours, so make sure those macros fit you. then hit those numbers every day. Watch your sodium. if you eat out alot or eat frozen boxed-dinners or boxed-type prepared foods, that will have a lot of sodium which can make you retain water. After 3 weeks you should be losing. Gaining, more than likely you are over-eating so this is why you really need to weigh all your portions. If you make your own foods, there is a recipe builder that will give you the nutritional info for your logging. I log it all, even the down-n-dirty. So just log everything. This will give you an answer of what's going on.

if you want to open your diary, we can take a look and give you advice if you want.

Above all... TRACK ACCURATELY
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • MaMeezy080
    MaMeezy080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Digital kitchen scale (portions are tricky), figure out your BMR and TDEE (damn ripped has good calculators), log your foods and water (I drink half my body weight in oz each day), and imo most importantly add resistance training. Muscles burn more calories than fat so yeah cardio is good but lifting weights gives you more bang for your buck plus you will have good tone as the weight comes off.

Good luck!