Introducing Erica and (Dad) George

Options
Hi everyone!

My Dad (gstudley) and I (ericalynnri) are new to the site. We are both cheering each other on to meet our weight loss goals. I am a 30 year old, Graduate student and Researcher. I recently started jogging/walking, biking, trap shooting and will do anything outside. My BMI is 41.7 and I'm about 240 give or take a few pounds. I feel healthy despite the obvious fact of being overweight and for me its really about just taking care of my body and enjoying the success I feel when I reach an exercise goal. Today, I jogged for 3 mi., I said that was my goal this past Sunday and I already reached it today. That made me proud.

My Dad is always active and he has the same trouble with being stocky as me. Good thing is I think this is a sign of heartiness b/c we can have weight on but still are able to enjoy physical activity and we're both really hard workers. He's the best Dad ever and ladies he's single and a great catch. If you enjoy the outdoors, hunting/hunters, fishing and a good sense of humor as well as, being a kind person yourself then you should message my Dad. He needs inspiring people in his life, he raised two kids by himself and he deserves to be with someone that is laid back and understands enjoying life, simple as that. He's gonna kill me for this, lol!

Well that's the intro.... Nice to meet you all.

Replies

• Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    What a lovely post - I'm sure you'll be a lot of support for each other. My dad's very special to me too, and I wish he had taken better care of his health when he was younger. Feel free to add me for support - both of you!
    Lindsay
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you wanting to make a change for your health and life journey!! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and your dad. I'm fairly new to MFP (less than 2 weeks). I love this site. Lots of supportive people who help motivate and inspire me. Good luck on your fitness journey! :drinker:
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet the two of you . . . Wish you all the best in your weightloss journey~
  • ericalynnri
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will add you and tell my dad to do the same. Happy fitness journey!
  • ericalynnri
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!! We can do it and have a great time in the process!! WoOt, happy fitness journey! :flowerforyou:
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great place to get support and motivation to stay on track. I would happy to friend both of you....feel free to add me if you like.