Have any chicken breast recipes?

Options
sassyshook
sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
Looking for new chicken breast recipes. My family eats a lot of chicken and always on the look out for recipes.

Replies

• 4N6junkie
    Options
    Hey! We just tried the "Garlic Chicken" from Allrecipes.com and its easy and good! Not too many calories either.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts baked with salsa and light sour cream are great and easy:smile:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I bought some dry rubs the other day. Rub them on the chicken, wrap in foil, grill or bake in the foil. The moistest chicken ever!

Put chicken in crock pot with one cup salsa, one can Fat Free cream of chicken soup, one packet of taco seasoning. Let cook all day, shred and use as filling for tacos, enchiladas, topping for salads.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I make teriyaki chicken breasts

low sodium soy sauce
    some water
    cut up onions
    cut up garlic
    black pepper
    packet of truvia
    sometimes i put some cilantro in it.. and some adobo seasoning..
    very yummy and healthy marinade unlike the Teriyaki ones you can buy in the store.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I marinade mine in fat free italian dressing for about an hour and then cook them on the grill. Sometimes I'll add a slice of monterrey jack cheese on top! :smile:
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i put this in another post but this one is SOOOO good. it has a teriyaki-ish flavor but with brown rice or quinoa?? soo good

Ginger, Soy and Whiskey Grilled Chicken
    serves 4-6 as part of multicourse meal

3-lb whole chicken, carved (or if you prefer, your choice of already cut-up chicken parts)
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tbl soy sauce
    3 tbl brown sugar
    1/2 lime, juiced (or 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar)
    1 ounce whiskey/bourbon/scotch
    freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a zip-lock freezer back. Squeeze all the air out of bag and let the chicken marinate, preferably overnight, but even 1 hour is fine. If marinating overnight, 15 min prior to grilling, drain the marinade into a small pot and reserve. Let chicken sit on the counter so that it can come to room temperature. Boil the reserved marinade and keep at a steady simmer for 5 minutes to cook and thicken.

Heat BBQ grill on high. Grill chicken skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nice and golden brown. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium, brush with cooked marinade and close cover. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this...yum!
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    my go to chicken recipe... mix together a combination of panko crumbs (make this your bulk - they have the least calories, fat and sodium), progresso italian bread crumbs, and greated parmesan cheese (this is the only time in my life where I will use the kraft stuff from the green can as it gets crunchy when you bake it). For my 4 chicken breast halves (about 4-5 oz each) I probably use 1 - 1 1/2 cups of panko, 1/2 cup of progresso, 1-2 T of Kraft parm and 1-2T of fresh parmesan regianno. mix it all together and pour into flat dish.

Mix 2 parts low fat olive oil mayo with 1 part mustard (not yellow mustard - I use grey poupon country dijon). So for 4 chicken breast halves (about 4-5 oz each) I use maybe a 1/4 cup mayo and 1 T of mustard. Mix together and brush on both sides of your chicken breast.

Roll chicken into the bread crumb mixture and press firmly to make sure you get a good solid coating.

For 4 4-5 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts - I bake at 350 for 28 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes to make them super crunchy... don't burn the breadcrumbs though.

To figure out your calories mix together your concotion and measure what you have, then make the chicken, measure what you have left and then you can figure out the percentage of what is used. In general I find it always ends up being less than 250 calories for one breast. Once you get it down I can have it in the oven in 15 mins. I generally serve with blanched broccoli and some little pasta side, or potato side - something with a little moisture.

This recipe is also awesome for any white fish - I have done it on sole, cod, and my favorite halibut.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yuuuummmmyyy!! These all sound good. Thanks ya'll! If you have more keep them coming!! :)
  • starrstarr007
    Options

3-lb whole chicken, carved (or if you prefer, your choice of already cut-up chicken parts)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tbl soy sauce
    3 tbl brown sugar

Combine all ingredients in a zip-lock freezer back. Squeeze all the air out of bag and let the chicken marinate, preferably overnight, but even 1 hour is fine. If marinating overnight, 15 min prior to grilling, drain the marinade into a small pot and reserve. Let chicken sit on the counter so that it can come to room temperature. Boil the reserved marinade and keep at a steady simmer for 5 minutes to cook and thicken.

Heat BBQ grill on high. Grill chicken skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nice and golden brown. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium, brush with cooked marinade and close cover. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.

Just printed this out - thank you - does it work well with skinless chicken breasts as well?
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options

2 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tbl soy sauce
    3 tbl brown sugar

Just printed this out - thank you - does it work well with skinless chicken breasts as well?
    [/quote]

oh yea! thats how i made this, on the grill the sugar carmelizes so its sooo nummy!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Marinated for 48 hours in equal parts sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and chilli sauce + tumeric and grilled.
  • lsattan
    lsattan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is one I found the other day and it was great, my kids loved it

Serves 2
    Ingredients
    2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1 tablespoon honey
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    Directions
    Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
    Add the vinegar, honey and basil to the same skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to coat with glaze. Yield: 2 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bumping for later...Yum!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I bought some dry rubs the other day. Rub them on the chicken, wrap in foil, grill or bake in the foil. The moistest chicken ever!

Put chicken in crock pot with one cup salsa, one can Fat Free cream of chicken soup, one packet of taco seasoning. Let cook all day, shred and use as filling for tacos, enchiladas, topping for salads.

IM GONNA HAVE TO TRY THIS ONE!
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey! We just tried the "Garlic Chicken" from Allrecipes.com and its easy and good! Not too many calories either.

I tried that last week, and it truly was amazing! :)
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump
  • shtaylor
    Options
    Chicken Caccitori: Put in crock po,t use green peppers, onions, spaghetti sauce ( I use Hunts no sugar added) serve over brown rice.