tommydonald97 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2022 in Fitness and Exercise
why did i have back pain whenever i go on a run pls i need help on this
Tagged:

Replies

• LeslieAWagner
    LeslieAWagner Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not a physician but it could be a number of things. If you’ve never been to a chiropractor (a highly rated GOOD one) I recommend it. I found out upon my going that my right leg was ever so slightly shorter than my left! I went in for a neck shoulder issue. Lol. Once I started using a small partial lift (amazon) my lower back pain from standing or walking longer vanished.
  • jawojo2017
    jawojo2017 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Shoes. Find yourself a good store that focuses on running who has experience in fitting shoes. A person who is good at fitting is going to look at not only your foot type but also your gate. If you find a good shoe it can make a world of difference. Also Leslie has a great point too, I know someone who also experienced back pain because of two different sized legs, but I would start with the shoes if you are only getting pain when you run. I hope this helps you.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    How is your posture? And your core strength?
    I'd look at that as well as shoes.

Also what kind of distance are you running? It might be to do with jumping in trying to go to far and to fast. You need to build those things up gradually with running.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Definitely we can't answer you - go to a doctor.

Is it bone pain, muscle, inside your body? Could be cracked vertebrae, slipped or ruptured disc, sciatica, pinched nerve, kidney or liver, all kinds of things (plus just shoes or being new to running.)

Back pain is why I don't run. Mine is a past injury. Disc.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Usually it's a lack of core strength. As you run, you start leaning forward from the waist instead of remaining upright. It makes you work harder but less efficiently. Work on your core strength and see if that helps.
  • DannySavage05
    DannySavage05 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Most likely scoliosis
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Did you just take up running? Or restart after a long break? Definitely ask a doc, but I'd think core strength issues only because when I was much heavier and started jogging on a rebounder, my back would hurt every day. Once I built up my core muscles and gained strength and endurance - no more back pain.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Core strength
    hip flexor tightness
    weak or tight glutes
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you can, run on grass or dirt trails rather than concrete.
    Get a good pair of running shoes.
    Work your way up, don’t overdo it if you’re just starting.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is a question for a doctor...bc it could be so many different things. But - if you just started running the first things I'd try to think about would be what surface are you running on? Concrete is really hard. Asphalt/road is slightly less hard. Track/dirt/grass is softest.

Do your shoes suck?

Are your glutes/hamstrings/back/core muscles weak?

There are really tons of things it could be even without a specific injury concern.

What's the pain like? Aching...or sharp/stinging?