Google fit adding WAY too many calories

Options
Hi! I started using an off brand fitbit (smartband, still does the trick) and I have to connect it with Google Fit so it then connects to MFP. Problem is..for around 1800 steps, it gives me 1500 calories burned?? And I also nowhere near made that many steps, I dont understand!! I disabled the step tracking throught my phone on Google Fit and only my watch, MFP and Google Fit are connected together. Someone had the same issue and resolved it maybe?? I'm getting very annoyed at this haha

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about an 1500 calorie adjustment, or 1500 calories altogether? I agree that a 1500 calorie adjustment doesn't sound reasonable, but an adjustment to a total of 1500 calories probably means that you have chosen too low of an activity setting, and your watch is correcting for it. If your goal before the calorie adjustment is 1200, this is all the more likely.
  • MissBraeBee
    MissBraeBee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about an 1500 calorie adjustment, or 1500 calories altogether? I agree that a 1500 calorie adjustment doesn't sound reasonable, but an adjustment to a total of 1500 calories probably means that you have chosen too low of an activity setting, and your watch is correcting for it. If your goal before the calorie adjustment is 1200, this is all the more likely.

My daily calorie intake according to MFP calculation is 2290 and Google Fit added 1500 to that , as if I burned that. I do office work and its my day off from workout do I dont get it lol
  • autumnblade75
    Options

My daily calorie intake according to MFP calculation is 2290 and Google Fit added 1500 to that , as if I burned that. I do office work and its my day off from workout do I dont get it lol

Ok, not what I guessed, then. Sorry, I have no idea what your gear is doing. I hope someone else does...
  • adju12
    adju12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Google fit is actually telling you how many calories you are burning from steps + your basal metabolic rate so you do 7k steps it tells you 1700 cal instead of 250 for example. Even if you sit on the couch all day google fit will say you are burning calories. The thing is, you already have MFP telling you your BMR calories but now you have google fit too so it doubles. I have the same problem I'm figuring it out now.
  • kasparasanusauskas
    kasparasanusauskas Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. The calories that google fit considers "Burned total for the day" are added to MFP as an extra exercise, resulting in totals like `1500 + 1768 = 3268` even though I'm sitting all day :)

I suspect this may be due to my third party band (Xiaomi mi band 4) syncing my daily steps as an "exercise" instead of just registering the steps to google fit app, which MFP then imports as an excercise too... or maybe not :)

Anyway, the problem exists.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit always thinks I'm doing hours of cardio just because I have a high resting heart rate. How is your heart rate, could that be the issue?
  • mrshickman2000
    mrshickman2000 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with the DoSmarter ZX18. I wish we had the ability in MFP to ignore Google Fit's Calorie Adjustment.
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with the DoSmarter ZX18. I wish we had the ability in MFP to ignore Google Fit's Calorie Adjustment.

Well, I mean, you could always unpair Google Fit from MFP...
  • markusdages
    markusdages Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, is there already a solution here, because for me this turns out to be a bug from MFP.

Here the wrong data from Google Fit is synchronized.
    For example, actually in my case just 870 steps are credited with 719 calories. In Google Fit itself, however, just the steps alone have just a realistic 34 calories. Obviously, when synchronizing the total metabolic rate is taken instead of only the calorie consumption of the steps or the workout.