Curse you fall weather!

Options
MikeSEA
MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
The temperature is dropping and apparently my body has decided that I need to go into hibernation mode. For me, this means I'm craving every single baked good you can think of, and lots of it.

it's entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that I'm suddenly hungry for other reasons and inappropriately blaming seasonal baked goods, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I feel ya.

I get an overwhelming need to cook homey, rich, heavy foods in the fall.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    LOL!

Cooking a big pot of chilli right now.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

it's entirely possible, perhaps even probable, that I'm suddenly hungry for other reasons and inappropriately blaming seasonal baked goods, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Are you pregnant?!
  • sheneverfails
    Options
    I'm with you, Mike! I'm craving oatmeal cookies and pumpkin bars and... sigh, I love fall food, but I hate that I love it! lol
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Are you pregnant?!

It would definitely shock my husband.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thank god for finding some lowcal baked good recipes. I'm going to be using them this year!
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to head over to www.skinnytaste.com and check out there recipes!! They have delicious fall recipes!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Moderation in everything! I say have a few treats, just work it into your plan. (Otherwise you'll have the treats anyway, right?)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Are you pregnant?!

It would definitely shock my husband.

Then I would suggest oatmeal, it is a great way to "fake" pies and stay healthy!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I want to bake cookies or pies! Its killing me!!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Same here... Fall weather is kicking in hard and fast. Bring on the lasagna, mac and cheese, and chili!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I say hibernation is a good thing. Sleep should be counted as a macro nutrient!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    <3 Fall !!!

<3 Spring !!!

<3 Summer

Winter? Not so much. Unless there is a foot of snow on the ground and work is closed.
  • Whopooh
    Options
    You are not alone. It has to be a natural tendency.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    LOL!

Cooking a big pot of chilli right now.

If u are using ground turkey, I am booking a flight!!!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I love winter!

Well, normally.

Normally at Christmas i use my saved up Sainsburys rewards points to buy lots of xmas choccies for free....

..this year? Hmm...not sure how that's going to work.

How many calories in The Green Triangle? =/
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yup, feel the same way. Not to mention my allergies are fierce and make me feel so crummy. All I want to do is curl up on my couch with my blanket and eat comfort food.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it's because eating cold veggies and fruits and sandwiches just sounds awful right about now. I want warm, sugary foods.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I want to live off coffee, hot chocolate, cider, booze, beer, chili, soup, and tailgating food right now...
    so I feel ya