Hi

Options
I am Bairbre and after the sudden loss of my husband in December my weight ballooned I resigned up on 28/06 and since then have lost 14lb
I find weighing myself every day help me

Replies

• Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Good morning. My condolences for your loss. I hope you feel welcome here. You will find supportive and friendly people who are willing to share their knowledge, experiences, and encourage you as well as just chat about things - some relevant to weight loss and some not. If you want to get involved, just start reading recent posts (I usually read the recent discussions listing so that I am less likely to be responding to a “zombie thread” posted by someone years ago, but it still happens to me all the time anyway!) and jump into the conversation.
    I hope to see you in conversations!
  • Maelstrom143
    Maelstrom143 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My sincere condolences on your loss. That has to be a harsh adjustment. Kudos to you for taking control of your health again, though. I wish you the best on the new journey you have undertaken.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been through such a difficult time, but kudos to you for finding a positive new path. Every individual experience is different, but I was widowed at age 43 (he was 45), so I have some inkling of the impact such an experience can have.

I second others' encouragement that you stick with it, and dive in to participating in the MFP Community to the extent that feels comfortable to you. It can be really helpful, IME.

Wishing you continuing positive progress!