August Biggest Loser Challenge Registration Open

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited July 2022 in Challenges
GAIN CONFIDENCE, LOSE WEIGHT, ESTABLISH HEALTHY HABITS WITH LIKE MINDED PEOPLE IN A FRIENDLY SUPPORTIVE COMPETITION ;)

August is a great time to recommit to your weight loss goals, so join with us for our August Challenge to help keep you motivated.
AUGUST REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN and
We are welcoming new members to our monthly challenge and support group.

WHO ARE WE? We are a lively group of individuals with a range of personal weight loss goals, lifestyles, and fitness levels. Sharing our ideas, struggles and motivations creates a supportive atmosphere and camaraderie while engaging in a friendly team based competition.

Here are the steps to register for August:

1. Leave a comment here in the comments section below.
2. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869953/august-new-member-registration-weights#latest

**Note: You WILL have to join the group to post your starting weights.**

Registration ends this July 30th

They say it takes 30 days to create a habit, this challenge can be your key to making the habit of weight loss stick ;)

REGISTRATION PAGE
(https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869953/august-new-member-registration-weights#latest)

BIGGEST LOSER GROUP PAGE
( http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113559-the-biggest-loser-monthly-challenge )

Replies

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rick. I am “new” to MyFitnessPal (this is actually my second time around after 7 years) and need to lose 100:lbs. I thought I would give this challenge a try.
  • cybernurse251
    cybernurse251 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My name is Melodie . First time for this kind of challenge. I’ve been trying to get post covid weight off since January. I am 60 and it took forever for my metabolism to get moving. So far down 15 lbs since July 3 . I also started hitt classes and working on my bowflex treadmill 5 -6 days a week.
  • sarkrisd
    sarkrisd Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I joined the group and posted my starting weight. I am hoping that if I join something, I will be motivated to get back down to my pre-covid weight. I need to lose 30lbs to do that.
  • KittenloverTN
    KittenloverTN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope this is exactly the group I need to get my motivation back! I would like to start out losing 15 pounds, but ultimately 25 would be awesome! Starting tracking my food, trying to get 10K steps in at a minimum most days of the week, trying to drink at least one gallon of water a day, and trying to cut down on carbs/sugar. We will see how this goes - it at least sounds good in my head right now, LOL!
  • Christhianisgettingfit
    Options
    Hello! I’m so ready to get back into shape. I’m currently the heaviest i’ve ever been and after many failed attempts, I’m hoping this challenge can get me back to my pre covid weight. My goal weight loss is 33lbs! Cheers to making it happen!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Registrations are being updated tonight and there is more room, please comment here then post starting information on the registration group page.
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 somehow I did not get assigned to a team. I must have done something wrong -- so sorry to be a problem. This is my first attempt to use communities so am not sure if I am doing this right. I left a similar note on the registration page.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nancy and I’m new to MFP. I’m hoping this group helps with the motivation I need!
  • RunningMama32
    RunningMama32 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for this challenge! Im not new to MFP but i am back and ready to make a change.
  • BarbJSmith72
    BarbJSmith72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new here and have 87 more lbs to lose. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • MishTiff
    MishTiff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m Sheryl. I had torn my hamstring and had a repair surgery at the beginning of Covid. I was at the top of my health the. Now I am 20
    Pounds heavier and lack motivation. Hoping this will kick start a new body transformation.
  • Arietty32
    Arietty32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have to lose 66 pounds to be in healthy weight zone. Currently @ 176 lbs , end weight goal is 110. Hoping this challenge will help me
  • UnicornMermaidMom
    UnicornMermaidMom Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Starting over and I need the motivation so here I am. Can’t wait to start this with everyone.
  • Cat_Witch
    Cat_Witch Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Deleted post
  • Cat_Witch
    Cat_Witch Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just realised I've missed the cut off to start for August sorry ignore me xx
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,635 Member
    Options
    I missed the cut off to join for August, if you happen to take any late registrations I would love to participate again!
  • AB0215
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @AB0215 somehow I did not get assigned to a team. I must have done something wrong -- so sorry to be a problem. This is my first attempt to use communities so am not sure if I am doing this right. I left a similar note on the registration page.

team assignments are actually going up today, I've been ill and I'm getting to them a day later than I meant to.