Switching from Optavia

Options
Hi. After 100 days on Optavia and down 30+ lbs, I’m coming back here. I want to continue losing but without the huge financial cost. Hoping to find continued success here. Any other “post Optavia” folks out here?

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,862 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome back. Congrats on losing 30+ pounds!
  • Aubgurl81
    Aubgurl81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have done Optavia in the past. Had great success until I went to transition back and had no support from my “health coach”. I ended up gaining back double what I had lost😐

I just started a new program similar to Optavia but the food isn’t as expensive, taste better, isn’t as restrictive (I can eat Brussels sprouts if I want) but the key to me is that I meet with a licensed nutritionist/dietitian every time I go weigh in.
  • kidshirley
    kidshirley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have been on Optavia 5+1 for about 6 weeks, lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and then stalled. I find that the monthly cost is not so much when I considered the amount I didn't spend on dining, snacks, and other foods that I would normally be eating. My coach has been helpful, but at this point I am not sure I will stay on it when I finish this month's food. Anyone else out there doing this Optavia that would share their experiences? Like that My fitness pal has the foods in the database.
  • kidshirley
    kidshirley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aubgurl81, could you share what your new plan is? I am so frustrated that I am not losing weight now that I am tempted to go off of it.
  • DrPrev
    DrPrev Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started Optavia and am feeling really good about my diet overhaul.
  • artteach2013
    artteach2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As soon as you stop you gain the weight back. I did it and lost 35 lbs. I’ve gained back 10 and find myself struggling to stay on a healthy track.