Howdy from Texas

Options
Howdy everyone. This looks like a great site/community you have here. Found out about the site online and decided to give it a try. Never counted calories before.......but am willing to give it a shot. Looking forward to learning and hopefully getting some much needed support.

Replies

• newmrswood
    Options
    HOWDY! I'm a UT fan but I'll consider this neutral grounds lol If your looking for a buddy to motivate feel free to add me
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Hello from Houston! This place is awesome and very easy to use! Add me if you like and good luck!
  • jessmo803
    Options
    Hey there! Just moved to Texas and rejoined this site. Looking for motivation and to motivate! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Houston here as well and Welcome!!
  • smchic2012
    smchic2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this, coworkers and I started it yesterday. Found this sight in the Free App section of my phone. Always willing to try something new, especially if it works. Free free to add me as a friend.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Howdy What part of Texas are you from? I lived in texas for many years and moved away. I miss it there. I was born in Houston Texas, lived in Texas City, Galveston, etc.
  • drizzella
    Options
    Hey there! I am from Texas as well!! This is a great site and I love the app on my phone! I am a UT fan too but I went to Southwest Texas so I really don't have loyalty to either school. And yes, it was Southwest Texas when I went there....:laugh:
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I'm a proud Houstonian, University of Houston Alum and Cougar Fan...but I welcome anyone from the Lone Star State :-)...feel free to add me!
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Denton is where I hang my hat (Or at least I would if I wore one!) Welcome to the site, feel free to add me if you like!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Howdy!! I am from Texas too, Princeton to be exact!! Feel free to add me!!
  • Sjennings13
    Sjennings13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I have been here almost 3 weeks and I LOVE it.. I am also from Texas, small town outside of Waco!
  • AggieHoss
    AggieHoss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the welcome everyone.

I was born in Amarillo, TX but we moved around a lot when I was younger. I did graduate from Texas A&M in 2002 and have been in Dallas ever since working for the same company.

When I graduated college I was at 220. Right out of college my job had me travelling 2-3 weeks a month. I did it for 3 years and that is where I saw most of my weight gain. Since then I have been struggling to get the weight off. I dont travel nearly as much anymore so that is no longer an excuse.

Again, thanks for the welcome. As soon as I figure this "friends" thing out and how to add people, I'll get busy.
  • shansmith73
    shansmith73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just South of Dallas. New to the site and cant wait to start seeing results :)
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello from an Austin-area Red Raider. Tons of support here.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    WELCOME .... from the GREAT city of San Antonio :) .... Good luck, and ROCK-IT like you KNOW you can!!!!!
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm from Texas too! A small little town outside DFW! Welcome to the sight!
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Howdy from the Mid-Cities and the Class of '91! I think you will find this site very helpful. I always had great success with WW because I was forced to count what I ate, but this site is so much more. I have a better idea of what I'm eating, such as sugar, fat, sodium, etc and I think that it will be more beneficial long-term.

This community is great for encouragement and support. We're all in the same boat.

10011502.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Howdy!! I was raised in Mckinney, Tx!! Miss it dearly!! Ive been Misplaced in Arkansas! Add me if you would like!
  • mohawk1971
    mohawk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello from the San Angelo/ Abilene area. Good luck!
  • AggieHoss
    AggieHoss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone. I've learned a lot in just 2 days by tracking every calorie. It adds up quick.