Favorite chicken recipe???

Options
Qbaimee
Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
I have a buttload of chicken breast in my freezer that I need to start working on.

I am out of chicken ideas and nothing is sounding good. I am making a chicken salad this weekend but I need one more meal.

Anyone have a favorite? I mean its chicken LOL

Replies

• ldaltonbishop
    ldaltonbishop Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's hard to go wrong with chicken fajitas or chicken chili.

But the easiest thing is to put two to three pounds of frozen chicken in your slow cooker, add 1-2 cups of your choice of salsa, barbecue sauce, Korean barbecue sauce, or, cream-of-anything soup + 1 package of dry onion soup mix (I don't claim this is healthy). Turn on low. Walk away or go to bed. Come back eight hours later and shred. Or don't shred. Use as filling (tacos, burritos), or over rice or even a salad.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas
    Chicken Tortilla Soup
    Buffalo Chicken (salad, wraps, etc)
    Air Fried Chicken
    Chicken Salad
    BBQ Chicken
    Bacon Wrapped Chicken
    Stuffed Chicken
    Pizza-fied Chicken (use chicken as a pizza base)
    Stir Fry
    Chicken Fried Rice
    Enchiladas
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You can grill it and put it on a salad. Chicken tacos/fajitas or taco salad are always good. Stir fry is a great way to get veggies in.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    fried chicken.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If you have a slow cooker we really like this one:
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/174543/slow-cooker-butter-chicken/
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    Stir fry. Slice the chicken thin against the grain, season with salt, then douse in cornstarch (easiest shaking in a plastic bag or a food container). Pan fry or wok in a little oil in a non stick pan and remove from heat when almost cooked through and set aside. In the same pan add chopped veggies (asparagus, broccoli, ready cut stir fry veggies) with more oil if needed. Also add some minced garlic. Before vegetables and garlic are in danger of over browning, toss in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and extra water if there is danger of over salting. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Taste and adjust the seasonings (add vinegar and more sugar if you like sweet and sour, or add chilli paste or other asian condiments such as oyster sauce). Return the chicken to the pan with vegetables and sauce and stir fry a few minutes until the cornstarch thickens the sauce and the chicken is fully cooked. Serve with rice.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    This does not qualify as a recipe but somehow everything tastes better cooked on a skewer! I just grilled some chicken breasts sliced and threaded onto skewers just sprinkled with lemon, olive oil and italian seasoning & s &p and served it with store bought salsa doctored by adding fresh herbs and diced mango and my family acted like it was some great culinary invention. Maybe its because I did it in a rainstorm…
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Cube the chicken and saute with sliced sausage and onions, add mushrooms if you like them.
    We like to serve it with barley cooked with onion mushroom soup mix
    Chicken curry: saute cubed chicken with a little coconut oil, season with curry powder, add lite coconut milk and frozen soup mix veggies. Serve with rice

• Lgrant023
    Lgrant023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like salsa chicken. I cut up the chicken breasts, dump a can of salsa in the crockpot and let it cook away.
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lgrant023 wrote: »
    I like salsa chicken. I cut up the chicken breasts, dump a can of salsa in the crockpot and let it cook away.

I've done this with frozen chicken breasts straight from the freezer and it works really well!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Absolute favourite in my house:

Fry off a ton of minced garlic (a good couple tablespoons full) off in a little oil. Slice your chicken breasts thinly, then once garlic is brown, pop the chicken on top to brown. Once the chicken is brown, pour in 2 cups of chicken stock and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked and the stock is reduced by about half. Remove the chicken, and whisk 3-4 TBS of light sour cream mixed with 1-2 tsp of cornflour or potato starch into the sauce. It will thicken. Serve the chicken smothered in the sauce with mashed potato/cauliflower puree/root veggie mash/whatever you like.

It's super delicious.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some favorites in my house are:
    Bake chicken covered with a jar of store bought pesto sauce. put mozzarella cheese on for the last 10 minutes. So good with white rice. (And with the left over for chicken and rice wraps.)

Bake chicken covered in a can of crushed pineapple, BBQ Sauce, a diced onion, and mozzarella cheese. (can also add bacon if you want.)

There are lots of different grill mate marinades. I use the mojito lime one and then use the grilled chicken to make a southwest style salad. Lettuce, corn, black beans, quinoa, avocado, chicken, and southwest ranch dressing.

Rosemary sweet potato chicken - https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/266576/rosemary-chicken-with-sweet-potatoes/
  • dreamer166
    dreamer166 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This isn’t really a recipe either. But I like to put a few chicken breasts or tenderloins in a freezer bag. And then cover them with Italian dressing. Let them marinate in the fridge. Then you can cook them in the over or on the stove. Great flavor and very tender.
  • swatson99
    swatson99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to take several pounds of chicken boneless skinless breasts and boil them. Then drain water and use a hand mixer to shred it. Add taco seasoning and some water and cook the seasoning in and then have chicken tacos. Bonus is you usually have some for leftover lunches. Yum. How do you like shredded chicken tacos? I like mine with cheese, refried beans, tomato, salsa, lettuce, sour cream and taco sauce
  • jenn688
    jenn688 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    https://tasteofhome.com/recipes/honey-balsamic-chicken/

Just made this this past Monday. So good and easy!