New fitness craze - Pure Barre

Options
:smile: There is a new fitness "method: called Pure Barre and I am curious if anyone has tried it? If so, what do you think about it and how much calorie burn do you think you get in a 60 minute class. Thinking about trying it.

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It basically sounds like an hour-long ballet warm-up.
    I danced for years, but even then I had to practice calisthenics and get additional cardio at home so that I'd be more in-shape for the classes.
    Granted, I've never been to a pure barre class so perhaps it's a bit more intense than the warm-ups I'm used to.

**Edit:
    I did a bit more research on PB and it actually looks like a decent workout. It looks a lot like the kinds of pilates/yoga strength classes I teach at the gym! Except I don't use much equipment, so it's probably even more of a workout.
    Anyways, it seems enjoyable. I'd give it a shot if I had the cash, time, or access just to try something new.
  • ttsamous
    Options
    It is a combination of pilates, weights, barre work, isometricsl...total body work out according to friends who are taking classes.
  • ttsamous
    Options
    Thank you for doing some research. I took a class last night and loved it. Lots of tucking, small movements and repetitions at the barre. I was soaked throughout and my leg muscles shook. I signed up for 3 classes a week!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    I love barre workouts!! Try the Bar Method too...it is my favorite :)
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One of my really good friends does it every day. She thinks it is amazing and the results have been pretty awesome for her. She also runs about a mile every 3-4 days and she counts calories as well. But she has gotten so toned, her abs are ridiculous!
  • smiles4u1
    smiles4u1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the Pure Barre classes and I am in Love with this workout. I have burned 450 calories in class and up too 650 calories if I push myself very hard. Great results for a 55-minute workout!