How do I get a bodybuilder physique if I'm skinny fat

Options
I need nutrition facts and any other tips for getting a bodybuilder physique if I'm skinny fat

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lift using a proven, progressive lifting program and eat in a way that promotes your goal. Typically, eat 0.8 to 1 gram of protein for each pound of your goal weight, get at least 45-55 grams of fat, and you can fill the rest of your calories with carbs or whatever combo of protein/fat/carb you prefer.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    What kind of tips are you looking for?
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You probably want to manage your expectations a bit. It would be helpful to have details: current weight, age, height, etc. But generally speaking, @quiksylver296 is correct, managing your nutrition by carefully weighing/logging your food with a focus on protein; and resistance training using a progressive lifting program is the way to go. I can tell you from personal experience it will take time - I've been doing this for a little over four years. I carried most of my weight around my gut and it took the better part of a year to change my proportions; i.e., shoulders appear wider than my midsection. See recent photo below. But, if you are diligent in tracking your nutrition and work out schedule, you will begin to see results in 6-8 weeks. I also feel significantly better and I'm not embarrassed to take my shirt off at the beach, so there's that. Oh, and take lots of progress photos. You'll be amazed at how different you will look and feel. 6w0g494i5dvz.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Eat and train like a bodybuilder. There are so many different approaches but the basics entail consuming enough protein and doing a progressive overload program with enough volume.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    If you wanna look like a bodybuilder, you're gonna have to train like a bodybuilder & eat like a bodybuilder.
  • Decoy152
    Decoy152 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What @ninerbuff said. Also it would be helpful if you fill out your MFP profile including height, weight and making your nutrition diary visible. Send out friend requests to people who can share info with you on a routine basis. From there you can see what many of us are doing to improve body composition.